Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
X2 on Costco - they have beat FMCA trie pricing each time I have tried. The only hitch is you usually need to pick up the tires there and take them to a truck stop to put them on. However if your old skins are in good shape most truck stops will trade you installation for your old tires.
When I picked up our tires, with some help, we rolled them into the MH on old towels and drop cloths and took them to the truck service center where they helped off load for the install. Worked out great...no install trade for the old tire though. You did good.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain42 View Post
Mborow I am looking for the same tires now myself. Here it what I have found so far.
Bridgestone R-250 ed 6 tires mounted $4300
Firestone FS-560 $2700
Hancock AH-12 $3000
Michelin XZA2 through FMCA $3410
Didn't get any other prices cause I think the Michelin deal was to hard to pass up.
you should look around if they quoted $3000 for AH-12 got mine for $2500 OTD born on date 3 months old. The Michelin will cost to be mounted and balanced. So there will be probably $1200 plus difference. IMHO no tire is worth $200 ea more than another but everyone has their option.
The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
nbargolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #17

The Michelin where final cost plus tax
Old 02-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mborow View Post
275/70r 22.5. Any good deals out there? I need all.
We went with Toyos and purchased from Les Schwab. Installed all 6 and out the door for around $2,600 dollars. best price for a great tire I could find.

Check your date codes when buying tires... Insist on current dates.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mborow View Post
275/70r 22.5. Any good deals out there? I need all.
I'm looking to replace all 6 as well. Found Goodyear G670RV for $621 ea. However, dealer said the G661 commercial truck tire for only $472 ea. would be a good replacement tire. Does anyone have any experience/advise re. the RV tire vs. a "truck tire" ?
BojiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
X2 on the FMCA Michelin program.
I bought 6 Michelins, at my local Sam's Club, for many $$ less than the FMCA price.
However that was 2 years ago and things change, (but it costs nothing to check around and "cover all the bases").
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote