Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2023, 06:26 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have EEZ Tire since 2014 on 2 motorhomes & toad, with extender.
Replaceable batteries, good performance & customer service.

Review monitor displays (colour, easy to read etc.).

Can be mounted on window or dash & hookup to USB port; moveable to other vehicles.

Don't use the flow thru or lock feature, more a nuisance for us but may be convenient for some depending on circumstance (valve extension, etc.).

If storing in winter (cold temps) suggest removing the sensors to save battery life.
PI EMS HW50C, Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
bneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2023, 07:48 AM   #16

I bought the Geohyecc Solar Power Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
So far it has been working fine within 2-3 psi difference from the read out on my Milwaukee inflator.
Price was not bad either.
WeeBeenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 07:54 AM   #17

We have had the EEZRV TPMS for 6 years now. Other than batteries and o-rings, we just charge the display and go. We have sensors on ouir TV (Jeep Wrangler Unlimited) as well.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:02 AM   #18

TST has a new system. Greatly improved. Larger color monitor. Expensive . About $750.00
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
I use Tireminder I 10 system.
Works great, never had a leak.
Very accurate.
Can monitor up to 20 tires, so you can include your TOAD
The sensors have replaceable batteries too
Here is one one I got at Amazon
https://amzn.to/3G1RUlb
I have the Tireminder I-10 as well. Works great. The company will send you free replacement batteries every year. You just pay $5 postage. Call them and ask!
Michael80550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:52 PM   #20

We are also looking at adding TPMS to our 2022 class C Coachmen Patriot. I am wondering how to attach the sensor (that is attached near the rear axil) to the battery as ours is under the step inside the coach. Or are there any other suggestions for a power source?
CherryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 05:41 PM   #21

I am interested in this conversation because I could never understand the purpose. If I experience a blowout the air pressure information would be of little value since it is after the fact. If my tires are low—okay— but I always check my tires before driving. I know I must be missing something
RayJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 05:49 PM   #22

TST System here with 10 sensors, 6 on the coach, and 4 on the toad, with the repeater connected to the house bank which is in the aft locker. I added a disconnect switch so it's only engaged with I'm towing. You can set all the parameters you are comfortable with, both tire pressure +/- and tire temps +/-
Forza Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 05:51 PM   #23

Also, If you go to an RV Show, TST us usually there, and they will do all the programming for you for each sensor, right there at the booth if you buy it there. I bought mine online, so I did it myself, I would have gotten a better price at the show!
Forza Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 07:19 PM   #24
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJo View Post
I am interested in this conversation because I could never understand the purpose. If I experience a blowout the air pressure information would be of little value since it is after the fact. If my tires are low—okay— but I always check my tires before driving. I know I must be missing something
First off, you're more likely to do damage to the valve stems by checking them so often. Tires only need to be adjusted (air added) about twice a year. Even if you check with a hammer of club, it's a pain to reach the inner duals.

With a TPMS system, you can check your tires from your dash, every morning before departure. Much easier than physically checking them.

You're correct about a "sudden" blow out, there is no defense against that. However, if you were to pick up a screw while driving and the tire started to deflate, you'll get a low air alarm.

If you were to have a wheel bearing or brake issue, you might see a high temp alarm.

Lastly, if you tow a toad, you won't know you have a flat until the tire is shredded. A TPMS would still not prevent a blowout but would get you off the road before the toad tire did major damage or started a fire.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 07:30 PM   #25

Exactly what DS Don said!
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:28 PM   #26

I agree with Don. I experienced a sudden blowout a couple of years ago and my TPMS was useless. The tire was destroyed before the alarm sounded. However, most tire failures include a loss of pressure and an increase in temperature prior to failure that would sound an alarm on a TPMS system.
Old 03-31-2023, 04:45 AM   #27

Mind that of aftermarket tmps sensors, always screwed on the end of the valve, the temperature reading is useless.

This because they most likely give pretty exact the temperature at the end of the valve, wich is lower then temp of tire inside.

But you can calculate the temperature of gascompound in tire back from the pressure change.
And temperature of tire material is important, and related to the tire inside temperature.

Driving speed for wich maxload is determined
of tire, at outside temperature of 70 degrF, will give about 140degr F. of gascompound in tire.
The same at 100 degr F about 160 degr F.
And the temperature is what pressure is determined for, so tire material wont overheat.
Then calculate back what pressure that temperature gives, and use that as highpressure-allarm in your tmps system.

Made a list of pressure filled at 70 degrF, and howmuch degrF the temperature changes per psi. This is different for the pressure.
And my list assumes absolutely dry gascompound in te tire, wich it never is.
If enaugh water tire, the temperature change for a certain pressure change is lower.
For that I made a calculator, wich gives wet and dry temperature or pressure,.

Will give the list here, and if you want to use the spreadsheet, mail me at my hotmail.com adress with username jadatis (like this to prefent spamm, combine yourselfe), and I will send it to you.

Psi cold/ degrF/psi change
35 psi/ 10,5 F/psi
36 psi/ 10,5 F/psi
37 psi/ 10 F/psi
39 psi/ 10 F/ps
40 psi/ 9,5 F/psi
42 psi/ 9,5 F/psi
43 psi/ 9 F/psi
45 psi/ 9 F/psi
46 psi/ 8,5 F/psi
49 psi/ 8,5 F/psi
50 psi/ 8 F/psi
53 psi/ 8 F/psi
54 psi/ 7,5 F/psi
58 psi/ 7,5 F/psi
59 psi/ 7 F/psi
63 psi/ 7 F/psi
64 psi/ 6,5 F/psi
70 psi/ 6,5 F/psi
71 psi/ 6 F/psi
77 psi/ 6 F/psi
78 psi/ 5,5 F/psi
86 psi/ 5,5 F/psi
87 psi/ 5 F/psi
96 psi/ 5 F/psi
97 psi/ 4,5 F/psi
109 psi/ 4,5 F/psi
110 psi/ 4 F/psi
126 psi/ 4 F/psi
127 psi/ 3,5 F/psi
148 psi/ 3,5 F/psi
149 psi/ 3 F/psi
177 psi/ 3 F/psi
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 05:13 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
EEZ has worked well for us. Initially I had a tire with allegedly something like 300+ psi in it. Of course it was a false reading. Turns out the sensor was clogged up with some unknown substance. When I bought the coach, the dealer suckered me into having some sort of expensive flat prevention stuff put into my tires. I believe it was some of that stuff. But I cleaned it off, and it has worked great since. I do use the range extender that came with it.
thegats1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, pressure, tire, tire pressure