Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #1

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

I am looking to install one of the tire pressure monitoring systems on my 35' Monaco, anyone have one they would recommend? I looked at the Tyron system, seems a little on the high price side. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #2

We have had a Pressure Pro system (6 on mh + towd) since 2007 and have been very pleased with its performance. TST seems to be the most popular systems among posters on this forum (user replaceable batteries). If you do a search you can find a ton of postings here about TPMS systems.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you use the search feature on the forum, you will find tons of reading material on this subject.

I wouldn't be without a TPMS but we went with the Doran 360 and I would not recommend it. I've had far too many sensors fail in the five years I've had it.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TireMinder Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Minder Research Inc TMG400C-4 - Tire Accessories - Camping World

Been running the above system the past year and a half and no problems, easy maintenance and very responsive system.

I recommend it based off my experience.

Good luck and whatever system you decide on, you'll be happy you have it. I check my tire pressure regularly (or rather have my co-pilot check it) on our trips, its interesting to see what the pressure and temperature is at different intervals during the day as you are driving.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #5

I compared the TST and Pressure Pro, in the end I went with TST. Only because I liked their monitor better.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #6

I haven't purchased yet, but I have decided that I'll go with TST TPMS.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I have used TST monitors for many years now and I have had no issues.

http://www.tsttruck.com/RV_Tire_Systems.html
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #8

We have the TST 510 system and love it. So far we haven't had any tire problems, but like the comfort in knowing with the real status of our tires.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #9

Thanks everyone! Your information is very helpful! Are these easy to install yourself?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Yep. You'll need to ensure you have clean, tight connections for each of the sensors which attach to the valve stems in most models. You can either have most monitors mounted as simply as velcro tape to the dash and plugged in to a 12v socket (lighter). I hard wired mine and made a small, angled bracket so I could see it better but it's not necessary.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Yep. You'll need to ensure you have clean, tight connections for each of the sensors which attach to the valve stems in most models. You can either have most monitors mounted as simply as velcro tape to the dash and plugged in to a 12v socket (lighter). I hard wired mine and made a small, angled bracket so I could see it better but it's not necessary.

Rick
Thanks Rick!!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Had a Pressure Pro but sold it with our 5'er to my BIL and sister, and have just gotten my new Tire Traker system, haven;t had a chance to use it yet. So can't report on it, but do like the way it is setup.

Should add that our PP never gave us any problem in the 6 years we used it. It would have cost the same to trade in the 4 old sensors and get 6 more, plus the repeater than a whole new Tire Traker system, which so far I've heard a lot of positive feedback on.

Should add that the best system is the one you have that works properly. I think there all fairly good.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I recommend the TireTraker system!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I have used the Doran Pressure Pro for almost 3 years now. Like Rick O, I will not recommend it to anyone. The sensors are crap especially in cold weather. Recently on our last trip from Reno NV to Valencia CA, I had as many as 5 out of the ten sensors report Lost Signals constantly until we reached warmer weather after two days of driving. And that was not the first time it has happened. The sensors are VERY susceptible to cold temperatures even though the company rep, Debbi Gerdes states that there are not. All they want you to do is to purchase replacements at $30 a pop.

I am replacing the Doran with the Tire-SafeGuard TPMS system. It has all of the same functions and more. It is the one system that OTR truck drivers use the most. It is also used my more buses and school buses than any other system.

Tire-SafeGuard

The company is located in Cerritos California. I happen to be located just one hour north and will be visiting their store very soon to pick up my new TPMS.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote