RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST System View Post
TST TPMS has many IRV2 members using the system for the many years. We support IRV2 and have for many years. We also attend their Rally every year. Yes we have released our new Full Color Display, the only one in the industry.

TST also has a customer support line Open 7 days a week. I have attached an image of our new Display.

You are always welcome to contact me directly with any questions or concerns at 210-420-0132

Thank you,

Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132
What size screen does this new color display have? I don't see it on you web site, where is it avail?
Hoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #30
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
TST Color Monitor

I have attached the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Color Monitor.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	179887  
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #31
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
TST Color Monitor

It is not available until November, we did a pre-release at the Hershey Show, and the RVIA Pomona CA Show. Mike Thompson RV has a couple in at the show. Feel free to contact me with details how to get it from them.

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:22 AM   #32

What other features does the monitor have other than color? Bigger? Easier to read in the sun?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:03 PM   #33

Just ordered, thanks Mike! Will let you know how it performs
Old 10-24-2017, 07:05 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
After a lot of research I purchased "eezrv" but have not installed it yet. I purchased the one that is not "pass through" meaning I have to remove the sensor to add air. I did it this way as the sensor is smaller is size and I did not feel it would be that inconvenient. After reading through all the info I realized that it has a rechargeable battery and will run approximately 60 hours on a charge. This means I don't have to keep it plugged into a 12 volt supply while in operation which to me is a plus as I already have enough "stuff" to keep charged. Should have it installed in the next couple of weeks so will post back to report.
Biggestbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggestbird View Post
After a lot of research I purchased "eezrv" but have not installed it yet. I purchased the one that is not "pass through" meaning I have to remove the sensor to add air. I did it this way as the sensor is smaller is size and I did not feel it would be that inconvenient. After reading through all the info I realized that it has a rechargeable battery and will run approximately 60 hours on a charge. This means I don't have to keep it plugged into a 12 volt supply while in operation which to me is a plus as I already have enough "stuff" to keep charged. Should have it installed in the next couple of weeks so will post back to report.
We bought the same unit before a recent 5000-mile trip. It has worked as advertised on that trip and several trips locally. I considered buying the booster, but I decided to try it without. It finds the senders on my car even if my wife's driving it and following. I didn't expect that.

We didn't get the pass through either and didn't use the tamper-proof thingies. I checked the pressures against my Accugage and a digital gauge I have, and they all agreed. Since then I just power it up and use the tire monitor to check pressures. I seldom have to remove one for adding air.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:24 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
TST First Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan6 View Post
Wow!! Thanks for all the input. I went with the TST system - don't remember all the numbers in the model # - because, in addition to the good reviews, I was buying a Roadmaster spare tire carrier from RVupgrades.com and they offered TST and Doran. TST seemed to be the best value for the money. Sorry I missed the new monitor. I ordered the system with 10 sensors to also equip the toad.

Thanks again.
Made our first trip with the TST 507. My inside duals have valve stem extensions that accommodated installation of the sensors, but my outside duals point inboard so I couldn't get the sensors on the outside duals prior to departure.

Initially, all good. Four RV and four Toad sensors all working. About 80 miles out, the right front alerted. Stopped and checked. It was down to 80 psi from 105. Suspecting a sensor leak, I sprayed soapy water on the end of the valve stem and on the sensor. No bubbles. Reinflated and continued. Alerted again in about 20 miles. Called Good Sam Roadside Assist. Four hours later, my new spare was on the right front in the dark and the rain (a whole separate story!). The tire changer soap-mopped the removed tire. Found bubbles where the valve stem connects to the wheel when slight side pressure was applied to the valve stem. Tires and stems are 6 years old. Spent the night in the truck stop where the tire was changed. Joined my group at the campground next day. A friend with the same TST system had the same problem 2 years ago. Suspect the weight of the sensor moved the old valve stem just enough to cause the leak at the stem/wheel interface. No problem with identical installation on the left front.

RV is in the tire shop getting all new valve stems solely for the purpose of supporting installation of the TST TPMS sensors. Hopefully they will be able to install outside dual stems that are positioned to accept the sensors.

Otherwise, I like the TST system. You can't watch it while driving, except for a quick glance during which it could be reading any tire, but the alert system works as advertised. I liked being able to inflate the tire without removing the sensor. I really like being able to read both the pressure and temperature of each tire. The TST pressure reading on the leaking tire was consistent with my gauge reading. No problem reading the Toad without a booster on our Bounder 39Z. No regrets on selecting TST, other than not waiting for the new color display, but I wanted a system for this trip.

My recommendation:
Don't put any TPMS sensors on old valve stems like mine which were steel with rubber at the stem/wheel interface.
Taipan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:29 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidetuna View Post
I am using eeztire on my 36 gasser with a Wrangler toad. Works great.

I am using the same on my 37' DSDP and it work well, only thing I do not care for is: I have sensors on my trailer also, When I drive the Coach without the trailer, the EEZtire beeps every time it rotates to a trailer tire sensor it can't communicate with, I have not found an easy way tell the EEZtire i do not have the trailer attached short of deleting all the trailer sensors and then having to reprogram all 4 of them next time I use the trailer.

But for the coach and when I have the trailer attached it works great.
jaywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywolf View Post
I am using the same on my 37' DSDP and it work well, only thing I do not care for is: I have sensors on my trailer also, When I drive the Coach without the trailer, the EEZtire beeps every time it rotates to a trailer tire sensor it can't communicate with, I have not found an easy way tell the EEZtire i do not have the trailer attached short of deleting all the trailer sensors and then having to reprogram all 4 of them next time I use the trailer.

But for the coach and when I have the trailer attached it works great.
Press the link and minus buttons simultaneously to drop the trailer from the screen. Press the link and plus buttons to bring it back on.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:15 AM   #39

Received my TST 507 color monitor system today, got it set up and looks very cool. Easy to see and read psi and temp at same time. I got the caps but donít fit through the cut outs on rims, had to put valve extensions on front and 2 outer rears. 3 of the sensors donít read because of the extensions. When extensions are not too tight down I can release air out of them but when tightened down, I can not get air to come out? Can valve cores go bad? I did back some cores out with a remover, then tightened them back in, but nada. OR are there better types of extensions out there?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #40

The only extensions that I found to work properly is Wheel Master. Many places sell them including TST. Only thing that solved my problem.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have EezTire on our 38' Challenger. Only had it a few months, but works great so far. Takes a few minutes for all of the sensors to come online, but no biggie. I usually hook it up before final preps when leaving and she's up and running before I fire up the engine.

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:19 PM   #42

Went and picked up different brand of extenders, sensors work! The Slime brand is what gave me trouble.

Tags
ems, tire pressure