Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
Farmington has not subsided from NM yet! lol
Not sure about that, texan, after all, Minni-sota is part of Canada now I think. When's the last time you ever heard any national news about that state?

OR, I miss typed. One of those two reasons would explain my saying that Farmington is part of CO.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post

Not sure about that, texan, after all, Minni-sota is part of Canada now I think. When's the last time you ever heard any national news about that state?

OR, I miss typed. One of those two reasons would explain my saying that Farmington is part of CO.
Hmmm. National news: mass shooting last year. 3M profits (you know ... Like POST IT NOTES AND SCOTCH TAPE). Tornado in downtown Mpls the year before. Prince (the singer). Bob Dylan. A LOT of what you eat (general mills, pillsbury, Land o Lakes), low temperatures this winter, high temperatures last summer, Charles Lindberg, Minneapolis being the most bike-friendly city in the country two years in a row (including significant riders in the winter - and YES that was on the national news), Prairie Home Companion .. Oh yeah, and the frozen pizza was invented here. That's just a bare start: need I go on??? I think you will find that all states have reasons to stand out, and are recognized on the national news.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #17

None of that stuff rings a bell. But, I'm a full timer. Have been for 8 years.

OR, it's my second point.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #18

Jim ...

Do you think green slime tire liquid sealant would have taken care of the pinholes in the rim? Worked great on farm tractor tires, but I've never used it on car or big RV tires.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Jim ...

Do you think green slime tire liquid sealant would have taken care of the pinholes in the rim? Worked great on farm tractor tires, but I've never used it on car or big RV tires.
Problem with that stuff is that it pretty much makes it impossible to do a normal interior patch on a tire.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Jim ...

I've used that stuff in large truck tires and for me it's never worked. It's a liquid and sloshes around the inside of the tire, and like Mr_D says, makes it difficult to do a patch later. Truck shops don't care for it as clean up is a messy job.

And, the pin holes were in the rim, not the tire, the sealant would have been slung out and away so it's not certain that it ever would have got to those tiny holes in order to seal in the first place.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #21

Tire Story

Never under any reason use a inter tube on a tubeless tire. The real reason never use one is that if it does go flat and you do not catch it the inter tube will over heat and catch fire. I single tire would be ok since it goes flat you would catch it real quick. But dual wheels a low tire sometimes is not caught soon enough and will heat up and catch fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfs1943 View Post
Is it even possible to buy an inner tube anymore? That would be a longer-term fix for a wheel leak.
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #22

Ok guys, i'll give you a good tire story just as soon as i can find a website where a person can get a rough idea how much tires are gunna cost him for his class a motorhome. Spent the best part of the afternoon looking and most of the major tire web sites won't take the tire size. I'm just a lil tick'd off that no one can put together website for the RV'ers and give prices, at least a ballpark price even.
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #23

Hey, Doug, nice to meet another Morgan on the forum.

But, yeah, you're right, I had the same problem on line trying to find my size. They are out there, but they are hard to find. What I've been doing is going to 'Truck tire stores' and getting quotes there. You can tell them from the straight retail stores because there are stacks of giant tires lying around.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #24

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
FMCA posts the prices of the tires through their affiliation with Michelin. You have to be a member of FMCA to see it though.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #25

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOk80 View Post
Never under any reason use a inter tube on a tubeless tire. The real reason never use one is that if it does go flat and you do not catch it the inter tube will over heat and catch fire. I single tire would be ok since it goes flat you would catch it real quick. But dual wheels a low tire sometimes is not caught soon enough and will heat up and catch fire
That's good because you'll never find an "inter tube".