RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
I suppose one could just save the answer in a Word document and copy and paste to when the same question is asked again. Its almost like most who attended physics class have forgotten the principles that they learned. May be an education thing where they teach principles and neglect to stress how they apply to the real world.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #44

In addition to that, Gordon, I suspect there are RV owners that just do not understand the concepts of proper tire care. They are/were very successful in the field they chose to make a career, but simply can not grasp certain mechanical concepts. There are no doubt some who have never checked their own tire pressures and relied on a shop to keep them inflated to the psi on the tire or the placard. If they look fine, nothing more is needed. As long as it rolls down the road, they have no reason to be concerned or to change. I sometimes envy that care free approach, but, as my wife will tell you, my anal analytical mind just won't allow it.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:00 PM   #45

Folks, repetitive questions about long ago resolved subjects is just simply a fact of life on internet forums/blogs. No amount of stickies, forms, documents or complaining will EVER make it go away. I have co-moderated Mechanical Engineering Forums, a Aerodynamics forum and several other categories. Even the ones with a high preponderance of post graduate participants are just as bad as the others. If you feel like it feel free to advise new "offenders" to check stickies, or do a search, otherwise, you are just driving up your blood pressure I recommend to answer a post with an actual answer and if it was previously covered GENTLY mention that.

Its the internet . . . it can be chaotic at times . . . just the way it is.

Y'all have a GREAT DAY and thank you for your many value-added posts!!
Old 08-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #46

Being new to the MH world with only one trip under my belt, I found this thread informative .

It made me think of the boating forums I have been on that talk about prop size and engine load.

Makes sense to me to have something similar on an RV site.

Thanks for all the valuable info from the tire guru's, just think of us as the character grasshopper in the old Kung Fu series....
bradvoorhees is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, tire pressure, weight