Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnwalter View Post
Craigls2
Let me see if I have this correct: I guess your post is fact, while my (and others') anecdotal 'evidence' is likely filled with opinion and agenda rather than fact? Gee, sounds like heads you win and tails I lose. I don't work for, nor do I own any stock in a tire company. Yes, I am chuckling and hope you are, too.
I agree with your do-the-research part and that's why I suggested the OP google 'zipper rip'. I am sure Michelin is a good tire, but I have some doubts about the GYs. I also believe Bridgestones are every bit as good as Michelins, maybe better, but at a lower price. And I still have that sour taste in my mouth from a Michelin blowout. I know I am trying to give the best advice based on my personal experience, and suspect you are, too.
Hi Flynn. No, my opinion doesn't trump anybody else's. What I was trying to say is that it's important to sort facts such as Danes on Tour picture of rivering and the many reports of zipper rips from anecdotal comments of xyz brand sucks or ABC brand rotted. I wasn't intending to impugn any individual but to caution the OP to try to do research and not rely on anecdotes.
There are those that monitor their tires and pressures and take care to weigh their MH and those that 'set it and forget it'. Tires can be under inflated or over loaded without looking any different. If someone doesn't take care of their tires and has a problem do they ever say, "I ran my tire flat and it came apart.", or do you hear EFG brand blew up and damaged my motorhome? It's always the tire companies fault, even when it's not. I yield back the soap box. :-)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #30

Options for Michelin XRV 305/70r22.5?

What other tires are available in the 305/70r22.5 size? The rims are 8.25 inches wide.

Just wondering as my tires are only 3 years old with 24,000 miles. I am perfectly happy with the ride and steering of my tires. They show no apparent wear but I'd like to know what my options are when it comes time to replace them. Thanks.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigls2 View Post
What I was trying to say is that it's important to sort facts such as Danes on Tour picture of rivering and the many reports of zipper rips from anecdotal comments of xyz brand sucks or ABC brand rotted.
Craigls2 - anecdotes of ABC brand rottet? Here is a photo of the GY tires on my toad. They are about 1 year old at the time of the photo, and that's why Pep Boy's replaced them at their/GY's expense.

This is fact - not anecdotes. Pep Boy's told me that they rottet - I didn't tell them, because I am not a tire expert.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
Craigls2 - anecdotes of ABC brand rottet? Here is a photo of the GY tires on my toad. They are about 1 year old at the time of the photo, and that's why Pep Boy's replaced them at their/GY's expense.

This is fact - not anecdotes. Pep Boy's told me that they rottet - I didn't tell them, because I am not a tire expert.
Get a grip man! :-) Read the entire post again. I gave you credit for publishing the picture of your MH tire with rivering and cited that as an example of reputable information about a documented problem. That was the only reference I made to you. I also said in the post that I was not impugning any individual but making a larger point that not all information you get is reliable because people always blame the tire. When you read the comments about tires there is always someone who bashes a brand because they had a problem with it. If we went by that information alone then there would be no good brand of tires to use because they have all had someone report a problem.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:25 AM   #33

Magister
I would hesitate to have that garage do any more tire work on my coach. It is hard to find a good garage. Good luck!

Tags
tires