Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2020, 10:51 AM   #1

Tires near Raleigh

Any recommendations for tire dealers in Raleigh NC.,Smithfield area? If you purchased in this area, what brand and price. Have 275 80 22.5 now. Thanks for your help.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #2

Maybe try the fmca tire program?

https://fmca.com/rv-tires-discounts

I believe you can get quotes that are valid at any installer without being a member. Have to join to get the discount though.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:25 PM   #3

I just bought Continental 275 -70R 22.5s through the FMCA program at about $475 ea including FET.
Have to then pay dealer for mounting, balancing, stems & sales tax which will vary by dealer.
Ended up close to $575/ ea out the door including all taxes & fees. My impression is thats a pretty good price for Contis
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 01:38 PM   #4

Bought my Continentals from Piedmont Truck Tires in Asheville for about the same amount Winemaker2 paid for his, mounted and balanced. There is a Piedmont Truck Tire in Raleigh. I like the Contis just fine compared to the Michelins they replaced.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:39 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. Hope others share their thoughts.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:39 PM   #6

I am in Raleigh, but I ordered mine from TiresDirect.net. I had them shipped to my house since I was doing the installation myself, but they will ship them to any shop you choose.

The Truck Shop in Cary is owned by my Uncle. They will work on motor homes and they have the capability to do tire work as well. 919 469 2515
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:16 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Tires near Raleigh

I bought from Blacks Tire and Auto and was pleased. I use one of their locations near Charlotte. They have also done alignment and other work for me on my F53 and my previous DP. Not all of their locations are truck shops so check with them first.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:18 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For my last MH, I purchased a set of tires from Black's Tire. They are a car and commercial truck tire dealer and service center. They gave me a really good price for the new tires out the door.

I purchased mine from the Raleigh location, but according to their website, there is a location in Smithfield. I know they have a location in Dunn and in Fayetteville. I took the new MH to the Fayetteville location to have the front end aligned after I brought it home and loaded it up.

They do alot with commercial truck and provide road side service for them as well...

It would worth a phone call to ask...
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:07 PM   #9

Thanks for the information.

Tags
tires