Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #1

TireTracker vs. TireMinder

What is the difference between the TireTracker and the TireMinder tire monitor systems. Both look identical but seem to be manufactured by different companies. I like the small sending units-fit the holes in my rims.
Any input about the two systems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
robt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have the tm 66 tireminder and I stopped using it since all it does is give incorrect readings and warnings...

too late for me to return it to Camping World after the TM company said they'd fix it up and took 30 days to respond.

just trying to save you the $300 dollars I threw away
Old 03-14-2016, 08:54 PM   #3

That's what I've heard from some people and there are not distributors in the Phoenix area except CW. Trying to order online and their web site says no systems available at this time. Will go to the Tiffin rally in Casa Grande middle of April and look at the TireTracker system. Probably buy at the show and get a discount.
robt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:44 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ive had my tire minder for over a year and it works well.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:28 AM   #5
Community Moderator

tireminder, tiretraker and hawkshead are an identical thing, made by the very same manufacturer in china. the only difference is the "name".

i have used it on my rig and the toad since 2012, no issues. a few reminders:
1) the battery in the signal sender must be 3.0v or higher. if you lose signal, check battery first.
2) make sure the rubber o-ring on the signal sender is not broken. tire minder offers free battery and o-ring for 3 years.
3) for 40 ft or longer rigs, a signal booster may be needed. installing it in the bathroom or another midship location is recommended.

i found mine is sensitive, accurate and does the job well. it saved me big on overheat in denver two years ago. if yours is less than satisfactory, call tireminder, they are very helpful.

best of luck!!
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Ive had my tire minder for over a year and it works well.
X2. I also have a TM digital tire gauge and I must admit they differ by 3-5 pounds. TM told me the digital gauge is the more accurate. So I guess they don't expect real precision from the remote sensors.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:57 PM   #7

I recently installed the TireMinder A1A-6 in my coach and it seems to work just fine. I have noticed that individual tire pressures and temperatures on can vary significantly throughout the day. However, if I check the readings early in the morning before the sun has been out too long the psi readings on all six tires are nearly the same, and their temperature readings are as well.
mllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
I use TireMinder and have been pleased with it.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:50 PM   #9

What tire monitors would you recommend. The comments I hear about tire monitors are they are not accurate and the numbers are all over the board and not helpful. Any thoughts?
Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand View Post
What tire monitors would you recommend. The comments I hear about tire monitors are they are not accurate and the numbers are all over the board and not helpful. Any thoughts?
Even though the remote readings are not that accurate, I still find the TM worth having because it still gives you an alarm for rapid air loss and excessive heat.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:03 AM   #11

This is the one I have.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

best of the three I have tried.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:53 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand View Post
The TireMinder sensors have a 3% accuracy. Generally, a digital gauge is fairly accurate, so if you assume that it is, at 100 lbs, your sensors are off as much as 3 lbs above or below actual pressure. The concept isn't that you want the exact pressure at any given time, but rather you want to see trends of decreasing pressure, sudden pressure loss, or a slow leak. I know that my sensors tend to read about 3-4 lbs high (I use 105 lbs in my tires). I'm not worried about a pound or two...it's the change I want to know about.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #13

I have had the Tireminder for 3 years and have been very pleased with how it works and the customer support. It saved me on one occasion.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Have the TireMinder. Has saved a tag tire IMO. Early warning of tire pressure loss.

Excellent after sales service and support.

Does not matter what you purchase as long as you have one.