Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Toilet Gasket Confusion

I m finally replacing the toilet gasket. I ordered a "kit" which contains two gaskets. One is foam (right one in pic) and the other is rubber(left one in pic)

What is the rubber one used for? There was no rubber one anywhere when I took out the toilet. Is the rubber perhaps for a different sized toilet pipe? It does fit rather snugly inside of the foam gasket.

Thanks,eh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gaskets.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	100736  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
The foam gasket is the floor seal. You have to take the toilet apart to change the rubber one. The instructions that are supposed to be with the kit should show you how it come apart. I took mine out of the coach and did that job in the shop on a bench. Made it much easier...
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi, without knowing what kind or model of toilet it hard to guess. The foam looks like the flange gasket and the rubber could be for the bowl.

What kind of toilet and model is it?

Richard
RCG604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG604 View Post
Hi, without knowing what kind or model of toilet it hard to guess. The foam looks like the flange gasket and the rubber could be for the bowl.

What kind of toilet and model is it?

Richard
When in doubt, READ THE #(&%^*NG INSTRUCTIONS,Brad!

Its a Thetford Bravura. The rubber seal is inside the unit. I will replace the rubber one also, since the unit is already out and on the bench.

Side note: Do any of you remember getting a lesson in reading instructions in school? We were in 6th grade and were handed out a sheet of paper. There were about 15 "questions" on the test. The first one was the state ment "Read this whole sheet before doing anything".
#2 thru 14 were all sorts of commands to whistle like a bird, bark like a dog, run around your desk backwards, etc. # 15 was "Do not do any of the above, just sign your name to the bottom and bring this up to the desk". I failed this test MISERABLY!! along with a few other knuckleheads! And not one girl!
Old 07-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I knew you would find them!!!!
Cover the hole in the floor when you pull the toilet. I damned died from gagging when I did mine!
whew!
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnystrom View Post
I knew you would find them!!!!
Cover the hole in the floor when you pull the toilet. I damned died from gagging when I did mine!
whew!
I took extra care when dumping today and cleaned it the cleanest it's ever been. No amoma 'tall.

There are actually 3 gaskets. Two identical foam and the rubber for the flush blade. It's all back together and working great. Now I m hopin' with the new gaskets I won't get that "aroma" I talked earlier when the tank gets fuller.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by draboo View Post

Side note: Do any of you remember getting a lesson in reading instructions in school? We were in 6th grade and were handed out a sheet of paper. There were about 15 "questions" on the test. The first one was the state ment "Read this whole sheet before doing anything".
#2 thru 14 were all sorts of commands to whistle like a bird, bark like a dog, run around your desk backwards, etc. # 15 was "Do not do any of the above, just sign your name to the bottom and bring this up to the desk". I failed this test MISERABLY!! along with a few other knuckleheads! And not one girl!

I remember it quite well. Failed it 3 times before catching it the 4th. I have mentioned that "quiz" to my wife and she thinks I'm crazy as she never had one.
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas