Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2020, 06:12 AM   #1

Toilet wont flush, vaccuflush, Fleetwood Storm 36f 2017

We have a toilet issue in our 2017 Storm. We user the restroom yesterday and all was fine. Until we flushed and nothing happened. The water just fills up in the toilet and nothing goes down. We have 2 toilets in our coach and they are both not draining which leads me to believe that the isse is further down and not in the immediate poilet area. I and thinking there is either a clog in one of the hoses or some mechanical/electrical piece is not working as it should

I am new to the rv life and dont know a ton about them so I did a ton of research. Which lead me here. I found that some people were having an issue with power.

I dont think its the power because the toilet tries to flush, water is working, and the ready to flush light is on for our vaccuflush. But I thought it was worth I try so I looked for the breaker in all of the previous places that posters mentioned. In the propane compartment, in the bedroom behind drawers, wtc. I did not find the breaker. So I am not 100% sure it that could be the issue or not.

I seems the vaccuflush pump is not running at all. We have tried a plunger and a snake. We were told by the dealer that the plunger etc wouldnt work. His initial thoughts were a faulty macerator pump but he wasnt sure. We are currently located in a place with limited services so I wanted to check on this forum for ideas before we drive 4+ hours to the dealer.

Thanks you for any help that you may be able to provide.
codingjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
If the light is on you have power. The resetable breaker is likely in the Power Center on the wall next to the Battery Control Center, a rectangular black box.

I agree with the clog. I have used the plunger a few times with success.

Are you sure the tank is empty?

You said it tries to flush. Does it make the whoosh sound? But then no sound of the pump working?

Have you taken off the panel above the propane tank and had a look? Could be there is a loose connection and I seem to think there is also another fuse or breaker there.

I suppose the vacuum switch could be bad they do fail sometimes. What I did once was take to cover off of it and turn the thumb screw about 1/8 turn a couple of times and it kicked on. Not recommended by anyone but it proved it was working.

You might dig around https://marinesan.com/ for some diagrams and they are helpful with ideas on the phone.

Good luck and maybe some of the other, smarter ones will chime in.

Tags
dometic, fleetwood, sw12, toilet, vaccuflush