Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #1

Tom Raper RV Dealer

What are the pro's & con's on Tom Raper RV? Service? Sales, etc.?

Thanks for any info
countrypair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #2

Reviews are available thru Google. BBB says they are okay, but 3 customer reviews, all negative
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #3

Tom Raper

We bought a Class A from Tom Raper last August. Needless to say, I would never buy anything from them again. Extremely disappointed in the entire process. Service department is horrible. If in the Cincinnati area, I would try Holmans RV.
KennyHinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
I live less than 10 miles away from the Fairfield Location of Tom Raper RV's.

There are plenty of dealers in the Cincinnati area...

Colerain RV (US27 & Struble Road)
Tom Raper RV (US Rt 4)
Couch's RV Nation (US Rt 127)
Couch's RV (US Rt 4) No, thats not a typo. They are brothers and split up the family business.
Cincinnati Campers (US Rt 42)

We had our N2U coach examined by Tom Raper and were pleasantly surprised by the outcome. You can read it here... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/huzz...es-161328.html

The Couch Brothers have a location in New Miami, Ohio. Just north of Hamilton if you're looking on a map. The selection of RV's is pretty good. I have no knowledge of their service, but their parts department is abysmal its an empty showroom with just your basic essentials. The other Couch's RV on Rt 4 between Hamilton & Middletown Ohio that's next to the derelict "Americana" amusement park, is HUGE! but they cater to mostly fifth wheelers and smaller TT's - No coaches. The Parts department is good, and they've got a good selection of accessories, but again, mostly for 5th and bumper pulls. We bought our old Hybrid TT from that location and Jerry Couch is awesome!

Colerain RV has a very wide selection of trailers and coaches on their large lot (visible from I-275 at Colerain Avenue Exit) , and my wife says their parts department is really good too. I have had no personal experience with them yet.

Cincinnati Campers is/was located in Mason on US Rt 42 and I will never go back to that location again. Parts department looked like a garage sale with things scattered all over the tops of banquet and ping-pong tables. Service department was non communicative, rude and terrible with customer satisfaction. I still have their number in my mobile phone contact list with the header "Don't you ever call this number!!"

That is my extent of knowledge & opinions of RV shops in SW Ohio area..... FWIW YMMV
jnp_macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Bought a new 5th from them in 08, it was in their shop 3 months, warranty work, they never touched it. I ended up taking it back to the manufacturer. Fix was accomplished in a few hours there.
Then a couple years later, I stopped in looking for a part, got snagged by curiosity, looked at some new MH's, they had a quick look at my MH, an 08, yep, they would be glad to trade, like I didn't have one!
Naw, went on down the pike...
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #6

His name sure doesn't instill too much confidence, does it? ...but I'm sure he's received his share of ribbing on that. You'd think he wouldn't want to associate his name with his business, however.

-harry
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #7

Tom Raper sold the business years ago, his name remained. They do not touch any used unit to clean it up or fix anything. Only when it sells do they invest any money in a unit.
Their sales staff do not have any authority to negotiate on price, the sales manager keep that to themselves, which seems to be commonplace these days.
We tried to purchase a Safari Panther MH from them last winter, but they asked way too much money.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
I had a good experience with the service department two years ago
when we came thru town with an awning problem. They stayed open
past normal hours and helped me out. I was completely satisfied.
They were great !
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote