Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
Busskipper, I can't thank you enough for adding your comments. This is so obvious yet I don't think it would have come to me without the picture. I have a tool chest with all my tools in it and I go out and grab "what I think" I will need and after 5 more trips during the job, I've got them all.

Why I never thought to create a grab bag, no idea. This will be completed this weekend and I will now have the tool chest for the other specialty items. Thanks again.
For Me the Picture says it all - as then not only to I cut down on the trips to the Tools Chest but I know what I have in the Bag so a Laminated picture that stays with the Bag.

What till you see the Electrical Bag........- can't tell you how often I need to grab that Bag with a 15 Year Old Coach.........

Electrical Bag
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5289.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	485.0 KB
ID:	274126  
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2020, 09:02 AM   #86

- Might Help the tool box Post that just started - Pictures are great! -
Old 03-18-2020, 11:24 AM   #87

Thor Owners Club
I have a Class A toyhauler and created a fold-up work bench and secured most of my tools on the wall above the bench. Got some additional items (tools, fittings, attachments) secured in be overhead storage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tools.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	278381  
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:02 PM   #88

[Moderator Edit]

You guys have given me a grail quest. Set up my bays to look like some on here. Though I will have to find or design something special and padded for my wife’s expensive bourbon and cigar collection. First coach, DS 4369 I’ve got, or thought I did, the essentials. Bus skipper and a few others have been a major influence on what I carry. The organization though is amazing.

I’m already loaded upon on to many “what if” items, and thinking I can get rid of some. One being the 3” sewer hose system and all the extras that entails. I’ve become a sanicon convert, have the reinforced hose and a 3/4” hose extension if needed. As far as tools goes, looking what you all carry shows a lot. I need to learn how to utilize space, all of it, hang things where able, and anticipate frequent use and ease of access better.

This is a great thread.
F150 Stealth XL by Rocky Ridge Trucks.
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #89
YC1

"""""Have you seen this - https://www.ebay.com/i/362636603537?...SABEgIeSvD_BwE""""" Quoted

Enjoying all the pictures and ideas. I bought one of those "creepers" and use it often. Mine was twice the price on Amazon but this may be a knock off or just a cheaper price. In any case, the darn thing is a bit slippery if you step on it so as with any creeper you need to be careful.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:55 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Expat View Post
I have a Class A toyhauler and created a fold-up work bench and secured most of my tools on the wall above the bench. Got some additional items (tools, fittings, attachments) secured in be overhead storage.

Lol. Good one... good one.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:30 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySierra View Post
[Moderator Edit]

You guys have given me a grail quest. Set up my bays to look like some on here. Though I will have to find or design something special and padded for my wife’s expensive bourbon and cigar collection. First coach, DS 4369 I’ve got, or thought I did, the essentials. Bus skipper and a few others have been a major influence on what I carry. The organization though is amazing.

I’m already loaded upon on to many “what if” items, and thinking I can get rid of some. One being the 3” sewer hose system and all the extras that entails. I’ve become a sanicon convert, have the reinforced hose and a 3/4” hose extension if needed. As far as tools goes, looking what you all carry shows a lot. I need to learn how to utilize space, all of it, hang things where able, and anticipate frequent use and ease of access better.

This is a great thread.
Wolf,

We are in March and with Covid-19 we are all having more time than normal to plan those trips. and stock the Coach - I was hoping you might post a few more Images of the New Rig. - - Not to brag but many followed your adventure with all the decisions and would Love to see more.

I'm Thinking. if you overthink everything, the Coach will end up Over Weight - - just get a plan together and be ready to hit the road in your New Self Containment Quarantine Vehicle. Get that Good Bourbon (maybe and extra bottle or two) - a few Cigars (Maybe a case or two) - and Head out (you can continue to add things as you find you need them) - With just a little planning you can self sustain for a long enough period to wait out the Covid-19 and all the protocols - while the town of Moab is Closed - (Mainly because it is like spring break for 4x4'ers) - and would mess with "Social Distancing" - the rest of Utah is open and waiting. All the State Parks are open and there are many trails all through the state that are calling on that Really Black Truck to get dusty and Muddy. -

Seriously doubt there are many in the more isolated spots and IMHO, it is fun to just do it together without the crowds that come later.

Anyway - would Love to see a few more images of all the specials you are adding - and the rest of the Coach - Pretty sure both you and the Newmar need to be on the Road, Soon.

Best of Luck,
Old 03-20-2020, 07:47 PM   #92

As usual Busskipper you come through. I’ll post a few more on my original thread, about not even knowing where to start. Don’t want to get off subject here.

With this darn covid-19 it may delay us a couple weeks. But it’s nice to here that God’s Country in Utah is open for business, except Moab of course. They have gotten ridiculously busy the last five years. I’ve started telling everyone Utah is radioactive and to stay away, seems to have no effect though.

But this storage issue and all the neat places you guys store things, especially the extendable poles for window washing at truck stops I really need to take advantage of.
F150 Stealth XL by Rocky Ridge Trucks.
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
For Me the Picture says it all - as then not only to I cut down on the trips to the Tools Chest but I know what I have in the Bag so a Laminated picture that stays with the Bag.

What till you see the Electrical Bag........- can't tell you how often I need to grab that Bag with a 15 Year Old Coach.........

Electrical Bag
I don't have nearly 1/2 that much stuff.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:47 PM   #94

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No pics of the tool sets. I think I've posted my tool list already on this thread. If not I can add it.

I use three different tool boxes. One is the most commonly used items and smaller items. In box #2 are the less commonly used items and box 3 are the power tools, etc. Since I have two RVs, a 5th and a MH I switch the first two tool boxes back and forth. On a trip last fall I elected not to switch box 3 over. Then half way thru the trip of course I needed those items. SO box 3 has been duplicated. Since both RVs need some unique tools, those just live full time in their respective rigs.

Same is true the supplies and spare parts, a split system.

I do nearly 100% of my own maintenance on both rigs, excluding power train on the MH. I have a well tooled shop at home where I do the upgrades and deferred maintenance. I frequently use only the tools I carry onboard. If I need something out of the shop it will likely end up the to buy list. Unless it's a true speciality item.

I'm lucky that the same boxes and storage tubs work and fit very well in both rigs making switching back and forth simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:17 AM   #95

Quote:
Getting Closer - Image of what I call My Grab Bag - Tools that I use most often.

GRAB BAG

TOOLS

Tape Measure – 25’ - Distance Measure Laser – 300’ +-
Square – Level – Knee Pad
Multiple Lights – Markers – Pencils - Pens
Wood Chisels - Small hammer – Pry Bar small – Squeeze clamp – Stud Locator
Multi meter – 110 meter – Wire Stripper – Electrical Tape – Wire Ties
Screwdrivers all types sizes #2 and others – Multiple Hex Heads with Driver
Extensions – Hex Head – Magnet – flat pry – Plastic pry
Pliers – Electrical - Needle Nose - Vise Grips – Regular
Ό” and 3/8” drivers and sockets – Metric and SAE – Hex head kit – Impact Driver
Drill and Drill Bits
Couple Box Cutters
Glasses – Gloves

GRAB BAG
Just added a tool - Best HAT LIGHT - Rechargeable

Picked this up last month and it has become My #1 Tool - I Must just be Getting OLD.

Just clip it on your Hat and turn it on - Everything is just easier to see - Especially when it's tucked in deep in the Depths of the RV. -

Great tool to add - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	617W-NL+gHL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	283029  
Old 04-02-2021, 04:52 AM   #96

Quote:
Just added a tool - Best HAT LIGHT - Rechargeable

Picked this up last month and it has become My #1 Tool - I Must just be Getting OLD.

Just clip it on your Hat and turn it on - Everything is just easier to see - Especially when it's tucked in deep in the Depths of the RV. -

Great tool to add - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just bringing this Back to Light- TOOL's Tool's Tool's -

edit - I have three of these NOW!!!!

Tags
ems