Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2015, 12:01 AM   #211

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyBoyBob View Post
DVDs & List of Favorites to Rent on your journey.

My Favorite Movies:
I would add the following movies to your list:

Back to the Future (the original was better than the two sequels, but they were still good)

The King's Speech - Colin Firth and Helena Bonham Carter were amazing

Seven Years in Tibet - stars Brad Pitt.

Les Miserables - I watched this by accident - thought I had selected a different movie at Red Box. Was disappointed at first, but absolutely enjoyed the movie. Russell Crowe was a surprisingly good singer.

The Final Countdown - originally released to theaters as The Nimitz affair. Stars Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen, James Farentino, Katharine Ross and Charles Durning. The USS Nimitz aircraft carrier, sailing near Hawaii, goes through a weird storm cell and winds up back in 1941.
BlueMoose105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:10 AM   #212

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFaust View Post
Have this with me at all time.
How does that work in a 50 amp site?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:36 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
How does that work in a 50 amp site?
It doesn't, but when we go to the race track, or anywhere else for that matter, where we must often 'scrounge' or look for available power in the form of a 20 amp outlet (115v), it's very helpful.

Whenever we've had proper 30 or 50A power, it's not a problem.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #214

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFaust View Post
It doesn't, but when we go to the race track, or anywhere else for that matter, where we must often 'scrounge' or look for available power in the form of a 20 amp outlet (115v), it's very helpful.

Whenever we've had proper 30 or 50A power, it's not a problem.
This tester works for a thirty amp socket also. You just plug into a 30 to 20 adapter. I never use 20 amp. I keep mine plugged into a 20 to 30 adapter all the time. Plug in the adapter and it tells me if the socket is wired correctly.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #215
Community Administrator

Let's not turn this into a gun discussion. It's not permitted here as per this section of our Community Rules.
  • General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
  • Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #216

Top 10 items you should carry in a new RV.

A Progressive Industries EMS, 50 amp.
Your electronics are best when not fried.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #217
YC1

1. A note pad and pen to write down the things you will forget that you now need.
2. Two different credit cards. If one gets hacked you will have a backup. Has happened
to me.
3. Print out important phone numbers and carry them in your wallet. I cannot remember all the important numbers in my phone. If you lose your phone, get locked out of your car, you will be able to reach someone.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Have you ever left something behind at a campground, rest stop, truck stop, etc after getting back on the road? Well I think everybody has at some point in their lives. This little gadget might help with that. It's a little round device about the same size at your car alarm transmitter. It pairs to any phone or tablet by Bluetooth. A free app for the phone manages this. Attach the little transmitter to what you don't want left behind...and when the phone and this device get more than about 30 feet away the app lets you know. You can also reverse the scenario, put the transmitter on your keyring, and it will let you know when you have left your phone behind!

ZOMM Z2011BEN0502-AM Wireless Leash - Black

Attachment 84746
Pasdad1... I'd go broke if I bought just 1/10 the stuff you posted.. hahaha.. but thanks! It's good to know it is out there. One thing on the above item you posted.. it's a bit big and pricey. The "tile" is much smaller and less expensive. It's also on my "someday" list.

http://www.amazon.com/Tile-Item-Find...&keywords=tile

edit: So.. after posting this, I read some of the responses on Amazon. Not very positive. I'd probably stay clear of them. I'm only "not" deleting the post so others are forewarned to read the reviews.
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 04:07 PM   #219

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
One for the bucket list

Was in Lowe's yesterday and saw my newest must-have gadget for the RV. Wet/dry vacuum that fits on top of the 5-gallon bucket already mentioned as indispensable. The bucket takes the place of the canister, so the vacuum itself is just the almost flat top part of the unit. Takes up very little space. Fairly inexpensive, too, as I recall.
Patti Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:49 AM   #220

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wet/dry vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
Was in Lowe's yesterday and saw my newest must-have gadget for the RV. Wet/dry vacuum that fits on top of the 5-gallon bucket already mentioned as indispensable. The bucket takes the place of the canister, so the vacuum itself is just the almost flat top part of the unit. Takes up very little space. Fairly inexpensive, too, as I recall.
Thanks for that tip! Really sounds like a great item for an RV.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:49 AM   #221

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail....7-001b2166c62d

This stuff is a must have. especially if you have little ones that "forget" to close the door. Its for a metered system but a couple squirts a day is plenty.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:53 AM   #222

Making the generator tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtresq View Post
I made one for about 25 bucks works great.
Hi, did you make it out of PVC pipe? Do I just get an elbow and then a straight piece?
Cassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #223

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post

Shop-Vac Bucket Max
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:21 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassa View Post
Hi, did you make it out of PVC pipe? Do I just get an elbow and then a straight piece?
I looked into this when he posted it. I plan on doing the same. If you use Schedule 80 (thicker walls than schedule 40) piping, the 2" dia fits nicely inside the 2-1/2" pipe. That will allow the 'telescope'. Then just a locking pin to hold it up. I plan on a 'semi-permanent' attachment to the back side of my ladder. A little vinyl paint and you'll never see it.
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote