Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #15

I have used Toyo tires on both of my class A rvs. Will replace them with Toyo when due.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 10:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZRider800 View Post
Slow Joe,
When you buy from Tires Direct.com who installs the tires?? I wouldn't think many tires stores would want to install someone else's tires!
As SlowJoe has mentioned, if you call around, any commercial truck tire shop will mount, balance, etc. for a price ...probably a premium price at that.

However, I'd get the quote from TiresDirect.net and price what an independent shop will charge to mount, etc.

Then take the quote to a commercial truck tire dealer that sells Toyos and see how close they can come to match the total package price.

The reason I say this is that for car tires, I'll often shop online at places like TireRack and then look up their list of their recommended installers to get the total price for what an independent tire shop will charge for mounting, balance, stems, disposal, etc.

I'll then take the total price quotes to not only those independent tire dealers but to others as well to see how close they can come to the TireRack price. In most cases, they will either meet or beat the total price. And even if they don't, like the last set I purchased, they came close enough to not hassle with making two transactions and just having everything done at the same shop.

Since most of us, unlike SlowJoe, don't have the tools and/or the know-how to mount a truck tire, we have to use a shop to mount the tires. Therefore, as he says, call around for a price to mount and dispose and all other fees. Then go and see your local Toyo dealers to see how close they can come to the total price. If they can come close, you may as well purchase the tires from them and have that dealer mount the tires, etc.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
While I prefer US made tires, I have to say I am impressed with Toyo. I purchased my rig 18 months ago at 72K miles and with 7 year old Toyos of unknown mileage. I've put 22K miles on and the tires still look good, with absolutely no sidewall cracks. I am just starting to see very fine cracks inside the tread. I plan no long trips this year so will replace them next year at 10 years of age. I will probably put another set of Toyos on.
Tahoejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #18

The trick to keeping cracks off the side walls is to use the coach. Most RVer's let their coaches set for months at a time and if you are in the south west part of the country the sun will eat up everything. Running those tires allows the rubber to create a chemical reaction and keeps the rubber looking good.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:18 AM   #19

I replaced the front two Goodyear RV tires with Toyo. I feel that the ride (no surprise, they’re truck tires) and directional stability is not as good, but otherwise they are serving me well. I wouldn’t be afraid to use them again.
MSGDLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGDLD View Post
I replaced the front two Goodyear RV tires with Toyo. I feel that the ride (no surprise, they’re truck tires) and directional stability is not as good, but otherwise they are serving me well. I wouldn’t be afraid to use them again.

Must be your coach, I never have had any problems with Toyo tires.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:02 AM   #21

The tire store manager recommended I put 2 275/70R22.5 on the front and 4 265/75R22.5 on the rear. The tires were inflated based on the 4 corner weight of the rig. I've had no handling or ride issues with these TOYO's.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzyfit View Post
The tire store manager recommended I put 2 275/70R22.5 on the front and 4 265/75R22.5 on the rear.
Did he say why the wider but lower profile tires on the front vs just using the 265/75R's in all positions? I might just be leading a sheltered life, but cannot say I've heard of this before. Curious as to the reasoning.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
Did he say why the wider but lower profile tires on the front vs just using the 265/75R's in all positions? I might just be leading a sheltered life, but cannot say I've heard of this before. Curious as to the reasoning.
I'm sure he explained his reasoning, but to be honest about it, I don't remember the specifics of the discussion that took place almost 6 years ago. I looked at the bill and these 2 front tires were about $65 a piece higher cost and I think the ply rating was a bit higher (16 vs 14). I delt with Dave at Dales Tire in Rapid City, SD 605-348-1754. Give him a call, I'm sure he can explain the rationale behind his recommendation.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires