Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #29

Removing sensor security shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojayhawks View Post
... I also removed the security shell ....
How do you remove the security shell on the TST sensor? I don't have one in front of me at the moment.
CapnJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 09:19 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJustice View Post
How do you remove the security shell on the TST sensor? I don't have one in front of me at the moment.
Simple...there are 3 screws that keep it together. Pretty obvious once you see it.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:33 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I ditched the flow through sensors forever!

1. They are too easy to break off when someone is careless with a brush while cleaning the wheels. (BTW...don't forget to remove them from your toad before entering an automated car wash. )
2. The case cracks easily.
3. The battery cover plate breaks easily.

Now, TST was great in replacing sensors for reasons #2 & 3 so my hats off to them for that.

To be honest, I regularly removed the sensors to compare my manual tire gauge to the sensor readings. I hated the darn wrench for the non-flow through. I didn't even realize the security cap was easy to remove until later. When I did, TST was again outstanding in swapping out the flow through for the buttons. I'm happy with the button sensors.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
To be honest, I regularly removed the sensors to compare my manual tire gauge to the sensor readings.
FWIW this is why I went with the TST flow through sensors, because I like checking them manually and then using the system to monitor things in-motion. I only have to remove the cap and check, sensors stay installed. Mine are properly installed and I have had no issues, and they agree with my manual gauge within a pound or two. I like them a lot and see a benefit from the flow-throughs from the way I use them.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #33
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I just did some servicing on my coach. I only add air to my tires about once, maybe twice a year. The TST sensors were starting to drop off (batteries going bad), so I inflated all of my tires to my running pressure and installed new batteries. On mine, possibly because I run without the security covers, the O-rings disintegrated when I took the sensors apart. Since this is the first time they've been apart since I purchased them, I had no control over what they did. I did lube the new ones, so I'll see how they hold up next service.

The security wrench, which is also used for disassembly, is an odd size, so a standard wrench won't work. It took about an hour to clean and service the sensors and inflate my eight tires to spec. I find it very easy to just remove the sensors, without the security cover, and do what ever inflation or service is needed.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For our '02 DSDP I had the 507 system, 2 caps sensors (front tires) and 4 flow throughs for the rear. Never had any problems with them. I left the security covers on the fronts.
Present rig has the optional SmarTire internal sensors. Even though SmarTire does not support the RV market anymore the sensors are still available. Hard part is finding someone that will still work with them. Luckily I live close to Junction City and the Les Schwab there did the installs for CC. Was going to install the TST system on the Magna but I like the SmarTire system and it was already there including all the antenna wiring so I opted to keep it going.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #35

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Simple...there are 3 screws that keep it together. Pretty obvious once you see it.
The newer ones just screw apart by holding both sides.
jaywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Has anyone had any issue with the EEZ Flow Through?
StuartS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Fought with TST flow thru's for over a year, dropping off signal, getting wet inside. They replaced all my flow thrus with with the caps, which have been great.

I take them off at the end of season which supposedly saves their battery.

I rarely if ever have to add air thru the year, so flow thru's were buying me nothing.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
None whatsoever
pghbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #39

They work great
Old 03-31-2017, 06:30 PM   #40

What tire valve extensions work with the flow through sensors on the inner rear tires?
BethGreer is offline   Reply With Quote