Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2018, 04:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojayhawks View Post
Hello Bluenight

What TPMS did you buy? Is it possible to remove the outer anti theft case of the sensor making them more petit? I did that with the brand I have (TST).

I bought it off Amazon. It was a brand I’ve never heard of, but had good reviews.
Blueknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #16

your valve stems are solid brass, you can bend them to get clearance just be careful not to kink
Old 04-05-2018, 06:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
I'm going to tag onto this thread since its related and we don't need another TPMS thread. Lol

I have this set up. Looks like the sensor will rest on the wheel. I can put a sleeve on it to protect it. Will it cause other issues with the valve stem on the wheel?

Looking at cap sensors not flow through.

Attachment 197795

I have these extenders, except the wire holder is gripping the metal shaft part of the extender. I think that’s the way it’s supposed to fit, so you might try poking yours down.
Bloodyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodyhell View Post
I have these extenders, except the wire holder is gripping the metal shaft part of the extender. I think that’s the way it’s supposed to fit, so you might try poking yours down.

Cool, thanks.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #19

On my F53 I removed the front extensions and installed the sensor directly to the valve stem. On the rear inside tires I have a friend with small hands and he got them started. On the outside I did them myself.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:31 PM   #20

Take off the valve caps and attach the sensor directly to the valve.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
I'm going to tag onto this thread since its related and we don't need another TPMS thread. Lol

I have this set up. Looks like the sensor will rest on the wheel. I can put a sleeve on it to protect it. Will it cause other issues with the valve stem on the wheel?

Looking at cap sensors not flow through.

Attachment 197795
I removed the outer anti-theft coveron all the sensors, reduced the size and weight. The spring clip holding the valve extension is clipped to my wheel liner and not to the wheel. It will align the stem allowing the sensor to sit in the middle of the opening,. Sorry picture did not transmit.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, tpms