Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
TPMS Question

I don't know if this has been asked before and if so, my apologies for bringing it up again.
I would like to know what Tire Pressure monitor systems are being used by the forum and what the likes or dislikes are.
I would like the system to copver the coach and the toad.
Thank you for the assistance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #2

Have a TST system with a repeater since our unit is 40'. Monitors presure and temp.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Here's a link to some previous discussions that will give you an idea of what other members are using.

https://www.google.com/search?q=TPMS...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
LOT'S of discussions, both previous and current. I tried TSTbut had a miserable 9 no. experience. I've been using Tire Tracker now for several years and it works great for me. I particularly like the sensors that are smaller and lighter than any others. Some features are psi, temp, and easily changed standard watch batteries. I need the optional repeater with both the TST and the Tire Tracker system on my 40' MH w/rear closet. I put the repeater in the bedroom, up high, tapped into a the back of a 12v power outlet.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also am not happy with TST and would like to try another. Where did you get your Tire Tracker System, directly from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
LOT'S of discussions, both previous and current. I tried TSTbut had a miserable 9 no. experience. I've been using Tire Tracker now for several years and it works great for me. I particularly like the sensors that are smaller and lighter than any others. Some features are psi, temp, and easily changed standard watch batteries. I need the optional repeater with both the TST and the Tire Tracker system on my 40' MH w/rear closet. I put the repeater in the bedroom, up high, tapped into a the back of a 12v power outlet.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I use the TireTraker system. I bought it with 10 sensors so I could cover the toad, and their price was better than any of the others I looked at! The batteries in the sensors are user-replaceable and the sensors seal the valve stems when installed to reduce the possibility of leakage. I installed the range extender in the BR closet to get good coverage of the toad.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi donie,
I use the Pressure Pro system. It works as advertised and I would make the same purchase again. The batteries lasted and average of 8 years. The sensors need to be replaced when the battery dies. The system has saved me 2 times in 9 years (purchased in 05). Both times the problem was a toad tire. Both times, the system signaled a low pressure warning. I was able to stop and air up the tire until I could get it repaired.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry J View Post
I also am not happy with TST and would like to try another. Where did you get your Tire Tracker System, directly from them?
Got mine at a rally from VIP Enterprises out of Pensacola. If ordering now I would go to tiretracker.com and Daryl Lawrence. He has provided great support via questions, and sent me some battery caps at no charge when I cracked one.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Paul.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #10
Community Moderator

i am using tireminder, the same item as TireTraker, with a range extender. it works very well, constantly monitoring tire pressure and temperature. it instantly alarms by sound and light when pressure leaks to below or above the threshold i set (25% below or above the ideal pressure).
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Like Gary, I use Pressure Pro and have since 07 with still the same sensors. My coach is about 43 ft long and I've never needed any type of repeater or booster. The unit has worked flawlessly the entire times I've had it. I mounted my monitor on a flexible mount (remove the flex line from a $5 Walmart lamp) and attached it to my dash so that I can move it around to suit my needs. I remove my sensors during the long period of time that either the coach or toad is inactive to save battery power.

I would purchase the PP again.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I use the TST and like it. It has some glitches that I have learned to live with.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:13 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had a TST system on my 40ft Dutch Star for the past two years with no problems, other than I've recently had to replace a few batteries. I have ten sensors, and have not needed any repeater. Good system, good people, good customer service.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:48 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Alright, this is an expensive system... But "Smart Tire" is about as good as you can get... The sensors mount inside the tire, strapped to the center of each wheel. The beauty of the system is two fold, first it provides a "No Kidding" indication of your tire temperatures (because the sensor is internal to the wheel/tire combination) and MOST IMPORTANTLY, it provides me a delta pressure reading for each tire... meaning that the system provides an absolute tire pressure reading BUT, more importantly, it also provides the delta pressure from "optimum" based on the tire temperature... So rather than looking at a tire pressure and tire temperature and wondering if my pressures are still good, the system provides a plus or minus figure, in PSI, telling me how much over or under inflated each tire is based on the tires current temperature! So for each tire I receive: 121 PSI (Tire Pressure) 88 F (Tire Temp) +1 (Delta pressure from optimum - this tire is 1 PSI high)