Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2021, 05:55 AM   #1

TPMS recommendation

Folks
I have a 2019 Newmar Mountain Aire and pull a Jeep Wrangler Sport. Cannot settle on the best TPMS to add to our vehicle. Our front tires valve stem is in the smaller hole of the aluminum wheel and will probably need a short valve stem extension. Our duels have one stem that comes out parallel to the rim and doubtful the TPMS will clear rim wall. Researched many TPMS systems but all have seemly shortfalls. Would appreciate this community of experts advice. Plan to buy based on your insights and recommendation. Realize we will need signal booster for Jeep due to 45 ft coach length. Where is best to place that booster. Vr Butch
bhager is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2021, 06:11 AM   #2

I can't think of anything bad about EEZ RV TPMS. Mine has been great for 6 years.

Don't know where to place the repeater since I don't need one.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Our duels have one stem that comes out parallel to the rim and doubtful the TPMS will clear rim wall
Its possible you may be able to move or turn that stem further away from the "rim wall". Can you post a picture of that rear wheel?

Also, did you know you can get the TPMS that mounts inside the tires instead of on the valve stems?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:59 AM   #4

Another vote for Eez Tire. I removed the ďanti-theftĒ knob from all of my sensors. Now they just screw on easily with fingers, but the MOST important part is Ö.. the sensors are MUCH smaller this way! This should definitely help with clearance issues.

I have not had any issue with theft in over two years of driving all over the country. I believe making the package appear smaller, makes them much less noticeable.
pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:03 AM   #5

A lot of good TPMS systems out there but we have had great luck with TST and, as far as the booster, an easy install in the battery compartment.
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:38 AM   #6

Thumbs up TPMS

Thanks to all for your insights and recommendtions!! Decided to go with EEZ TMPS. Upon receipt, found that the newer design and the setup of my Mountain Aire's wheel rims did not require valve stem extensions. However, my inside duel still will not accept the TMPS monitor and still looking for a 30 to 45 degree extension to get acceptable rim clearance. Trying to find one that isn't too long and will not leak. Several stems don't come with wrench flats and the slim rough attachment is hard to work with to ensure tight fit.

Still looking for anyone with knowledge where in the back closet to connect into a good 12 volt power source (i.e. door light switch or that wire rat next on the wall) to finalize the booster.

Finally, this forum has proven itself again and again that experience and being able to exchange with folks that know what they are doing is a huge help.

Very Appreciative
Butch:
bhager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:26 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I can't think of anything bad about EEZ RV TPMS. Mine has been great for 6 years.

I also have the EEZRV system. As near as I can tell the only real difference between systems is what the monitor looks like. The EEZRV is pretty simple. Iím not trying to impress anyone with a fancy screen.

The #1 thing I like about the is service. I needed new sensors as I added a Toad this year. Unsure what I needed I called. I got a person, Tom, on the second ring. Asked what I was adding them to, got me to the part number on the web page, applied a discount that they were just starting, watched his system as the order went through and shipped the same day.

As for the repeater, I never really needed on, but the right rear inner would occasionally drop off. It came with a repeater so this ear I installed it in the rear slide. The was a 12v outlet so I just opened it up and pulled 12v. So far the dropped wheel has quit doing it. Weíll see how it does with the toad.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I just wired my repeater today using a fuse tap in the chassis battery compartment fuse panel. Ran a switch up to the entertainment cabinet so I can kill it when not needed. I couldnít find a switched fuse and didnít want to spend the time searching. My right rear kept dropping out, so this is why I decided to install it.
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:48 PM   #9

I am very happy with the TST 507 setup we have and the color monitor that is very easy to read in daylight. With our 35’ unit, we have not had to use the included repeater as it reads the toad tires seamlessly. The only complaint I have read about is with the Flow Thru sensors. Seems it is hard to air tires through them.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post

This is the system in my coach. Works great. The repeater is in the closet in the bathroom, but system works fine with it unhooked (I remove the fuse when not pulling the trailer) It will still read the trailer sensors inside the garage, with the RV under the RV port outside.

I have a two axle car trailer and a single axle golf cart/utility trailer and switch the front axle sensors between the two trailers depending on which one I am towing with the RV. Works very good.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:41 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I chose the TireTraker for the following reasons:

1. Lowest price at the time for a system with 10 sensors and a repeater.

2. Cap-type sensors to prevent air loss through the valve stems.

3. User-replaceable, low-cost sensor batteries.

4. Easy to program and use.

5. Lifetime warranty

6. Great customer support

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms