Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2021, 06:31 PM   #43

Toms

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
I know there have been countless discussions about TPMS and I almost bought a TST system recently with external sensors, but I havenít seen this aspect of the topic discussed, other than vulnerability to theft, which Iím not worried about.

Im about to get new tires so if inside-the-tire sensors are better now is the time to find out.

Also if this is the case which brand(s) are preferred, and why?

Thanks and my apologies if I missed this aspect of this topic in earlier discussions.
Get there inside your. The one on valve stems give inaccurate temps when sun shining on it
RobinDella is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #44

I have the RVi sensors and called them to get the batteries replaced (must be sent back, not user serviceable) and they quoted me $170 to $200 for 12 sensors, I don't remember the exact figure. The price is reasonable per sensor but they must go back.
gsdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:08 AM   #45

Gulf Streamers Club
The main reason I want to change my batteries on the road, no down time.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:06 PM   #46
JVH

My concern is that on my rear dualies the outer tire stem is aimed back through one of the holes. It is a PIA to even check the pressure. I think they did it in case I need to swap the inner for the outer. I will never do this as my outer is aluminum and my inner is steel. I have considered when I change my tires I will have them put a short straight stem on it.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #47

Gulf Streamers Club
As far as I know all Dual Rear Wheels, the outer Stem always points towards the inside. That is why they make the Dual Foot Tire Gauge and Air Chuck. Working on Trucks in the early 70s they all came with the stems pointing that way and my 1995 MH also has the stems in. Not sure about Pick-up dual rear wheel stems. I just attached my TST sensors on the stem of the outer tire and the stem extensions of my inner rear tires and have no issues.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:43 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
My concern is that on my rear dualies the outer tire stem is aimed back through one of the holes. It is a PIA to even check the pressure. I think they did it in case I need to swap the inner for the outer. I will never do this as my outer is aluminum and my inner is steel. I have considered when I change my tires I will have them put a short straight stem on it.
I went to a local tire dealer and asked them to rotate my outer valve stems 90 degrees. Then I put my TST sensor on the valve stem and I can get to them to add air no problem.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
As far as I know all Dual Rear Wheels, the outer Stem always points towards the inside. That is why they make the Dual Foot Tire Gauge and Air Chuck. Working on Trucks in the early 70s they all came with the stems pointing that way and my 1995 MH also has the stems in. Not sure about Pick-up dual rear wheel stems. I just attached my TST sensors on the stem of the outer tire and the stem extensions of my inner rear tires and have no issues.

Neither of my Newmar MHs had the valve stem pointing toward the driveshaft. Both my Canyon Star (F53 chassis) and Ventana (Spartan chassis) have the inner wheel and outer stem facing out. Iíve only ever needed a regular chuck on them.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:31 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandDescape View Post
Neither of my Newmar MHs had the valve stem pointing toward the driveshaft. Both my Canyon Star (F53 chassis) and Ventana (Spartan chassis) have the inner wheel and outer stem facing out. I’ve only ever needed a regular chuck on them.

- Richard
Yeah both mine point out 180* from each other. Very convenient for externals....

So......what did I do?

Went with EEZtire more because of the dimensions of the display than anything, and external sensors. Also went with anti-theft sensors, not for the anti-theft feature but because of the size and I don’t need flow-thru. My tires don’t loose any pressure between checks.

If I get internals when I get tires I’ll put these sensors on the toad. So all is well - got it done for under $400, Ca sales tax and shipping included, and I don’t have to wait til I get new tires, which is probably a good thing since I am now in the last year of the service life (as defined by me) of these tires.

I really appreciate all the opinions, experiences, ideas, comments, etc. I was pretty well set on internals and waiting till I buy new tires, but I think this is a better decision and this thread/forum changed my mind.

So thank you one and all. And keep those ideas and preferences coming - I enjoying hearing all the different views and experiences.

Life is good......

https://eezrvproducts.com/shop/ols/p...-yeat-warranty
Old 07-20-2021, 05:38 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by swduns View Post
Reminds me of Robert Frost Poem Ö. Fire and Ice

I got new tires and put in internal TST sensors
Had 6 months and numerous trips Ö so far so good
Used stem cap TST sensors on Toad. Had one rubber stem spread/fail
Taking cap off to air tires is a pain and each time is an opportunity for failure

Internal are more expensive. If batteries fail then it will cost me
But less hassle than stem cap sensors.

Either way will work. If u can afford internal I think their less hassle
But if I had unlimited funds Iíd buy a Prevost with all the bells & whistles Ö
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great