Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2020, 08:46 AM   #1

TPMS System

Any suggestions on the availability of WiFi systems that will work on a towed car behind a 34ft class A motor home.Georges Boucher
Georges B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #2

This question seems vague to me. Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do? Otherwise put a wireless router plugged into an inverter, and there you go. Or are you looking for a 12 volt wireless router to work in your car? I mean you can put a small portable inverter that could support a router in your car. Not sure how this related to TPMS, as most TPMS systems have signal boosters to get to the front of the rig.
2017 Winnebago Vista 29ve (Special Edition) Many Mods: Trimark Keyless Entry, Ride Rite Air bags, Roadmaster anti-sway bars, CrossFire dual tire system, TST TPMS, Roadmaster Sterling tow bar. Many little mods.
corvetteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The topic subject says TPMS system, but you asked about wifi. There are plenty of TPMS systems that don't need wifi. They use their own proprietary radio communications. So are you looking for standard 802.11 wifi or just for a TPMS system that works for a towed car?
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I use the EEZ-TIRE system (valve caps, NOT pass-thru) and love it.
I've actually had quite a few people I race start using it as well after showing them my set-up.
My coach is 40ft and it's always worked perfectly on on it. My trailer is 28ft and it would sometimes lose signal to them, but I added the "signal booster / relay" in the bedroom closet at the back of the coach and now the trailer tires never lose signal.
TowDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:41 PM   #5

I highly recommend the tire minder i10. It will pobably will turn out to be the best money I spent on the motorhome. I already caught a brake issue with the road and looks like I caught something on the drivers drive axle that dropped 8 psi from tampa to ft meyers a few days ago.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #6

If the OP is in fact looking for a TPMS, any brand on the market will do the job. Everyone has their reasons why the one they have is the best. I have had the TST system for 10 years. A great product with excellent customer support. However, other brands have a loyal following as well. There are no bad choices.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #7

TPMS

Obviously, I wasn't clear on what I wanted. I have a 2005 34ft Monaco Monarch SE and a 1965 Pontiac Sunrunner 4X4 towed car. In the ads, I read some mentioned WiFi controlled units. I have already a unit for the 6 motorhome tires but am concerned about the tires on the Sunrunner. I'm looking for a unit that will read the tire information 54ft away. Thank you for all your responses.
Georges B.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:22 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georges B. View Post
Obviously, I wasn't clear on what I wanted. I have a 2005 34ft Monaco Monarch SE and a 1965 Pontiac Sunrunner 4X4 towed car. In the ads, I read some mentioned WiFi controlled units. I have already a unit for the 6 motorhome tires but am concerned about the tires on the Sunrunner. I'm looking for a unit that will read the tire information 54ft away. Thank you for all your responses.
Georges B.
Is the system that you have limited to monitoring 6 tires? Or is it capable of monitoring more, but you currently only have 6 tire sensors?
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:36 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Just about every TPMS will be capable of showing tire pressures in your toad. You will need to have their sensors to do so. No system I know of can use factory installed senors.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:42 PM   #10

TPMS system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Is the system that you have limited to monitoring 6 tires? Or is it capable of monitoring more, but you currently only have 6 tire sensors?
The system I have only covers 6 tires. I'll check on available booster if the one I will get doesn't reach.
Thanks All for the input.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:08 PM   #11

I've never heard of a 1965 Pontiac Sunrunner- and my father (RIP) was a Pontiac dealer at that time; guess I was enthralled with the Goat.

Regardless, if your TPMS is maxed out at 6 sensors then you'll need something else. My choice has been the TST-507 system with 10 sensors (6+4).

*Google search leads me to believe this buggy was not available in the USA.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:46 AM   #12

My TST 507 works well once I installed the booster inside a rear compartment. Picks up Jeep Cherokee signal even if not connected to the coach, sitting farther away. My coach is 36'. I change the sensor batteries each spring when I de-winterize. Batteries via Amazon, very cheap, work well.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
I've never heard of a 1965 Pontiac Sunrunner- and my father (RIP) was a Pontiac dealer at that time; guess I was enthralled with the Goat.

Regardless, if your TPMS is maxed out at 6 sensors then you'll need something else. My choice has been the TST-507 system with 10 sensors (6+4).

*Google search leads me to believe this buggy was not available in the USA.
I think he means 1995. The Pontiac Sunrunner, like the Geo Tracker, was a rebadged Suzuki Sidekick sold in Canada.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:59 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georges B. View Post
The system I have only covers 6 tires. I'll check on available booster if the one I will get doesn't reach.
Thanks All for the input.
OK, then I suggest you upgrade with a new TPMS for a minimum of 10 wheels. My MH is 36' plus I tow the Pontiac 4-wheels down, so I'm guessing I'm around 45'. I have an older Pressure Pro TPMS, without a repeater that I bought in 2014. I have no problems monitoring the toad, and the tire sensors are all original, except for one that had a problem and had to be replaced. The sensors on my system don't have replaceable batteries; however, so I'm going to have to make my own decision whether I upgrade my system or just replace the sensors. Regardless, for you I recommend you monitor all your tires on a single system so you can view status on a single device, with all tires monitored using a single methodology.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms