Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #15

The TST web site says that the sensors are accurate +/- 0.73 psi.

How do you know your tire pressure gauge was accurate? I can't find a normal tire pressure gauge that specifies any accuracy.

Good Luck!
Wil
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #16

Was OK with my Tire Traker tpms until 2 transmitters went out while on 2 week trip last month. Good news, they have 3 yr warranty so I got return authorization from Tire Traker. Waiting for replacements now.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:22 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TST 507. 10 sensors and a repeater, 4 years. Good company. Exc customer service.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, Cat, '04 Element
NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:12 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
You are going to find people about evenly divided between EEZRV and TST. I think they are both fine systems (similar). i have the EEZRV with a repeater module on my 40'DP, without the repeater I lost contact with the inside duals and some of the toad tires.

I will say that the non-flow through cap style sensors work best for me. I also just remove the security covers so the sensors can be screwed on and off by hand. No problems with this strategy yet... I should probably order a spare sensor or two in case one goes out (or gets stolen) on the road.
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:21 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
I have nothing but good things to say about the EEZRV system.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:56 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
EEZ RV. here. I too have nothing but good things to say about it. I like that the monitor shows English verbiage instead of just icons. And there's no funky little antenna.

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:08 AM   #21

Ok, add me to the TST 507 non flow troughs. I did have to add a repeater as they had initially advised as it lost contact with the right front motorhome tire and toad rears. Have had no issues since. I like that it was developed for OTR truck applications.

I wired the repeater with one of many 120v various phone/toy chargers in my junk box with a 12v output rating. I plug it in a rear 120v outlet prior to travel as it's mounted above bed headboard, unplug at destination.

Customer service has been great.

p.s. I also removed outer covers as they are too large.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
I use and like the TireMinder A1A.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:52 AM   #23

TST 507 System, give Mike Benson a call at 770-889-9102. He is Vender and sponsor of iRV2
He set my system up gave him the tire psi I wanted all senders marked all I had to do was install. Free Shipping and a 3 year warranty, EZ to use.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:44 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Wil,
I think the gauge is good because 1) it matches the gauge that is part of my air fill chuck, and 2) the toad pressures read the same between TST and the gauge. It is dis-concerning to read one of the dualies at 95 psi and its mate at 92. But the gauge reads 95 on both, so I'm trusting the gauge. I'm more concerned about differences between tire pressures than I am with absolute inflation pressures, since I add a 10 PSI "fudge factor" in the rear. By the way, all readings were in the early AM before the sun reached any of the tires.

Monty - I only have trouble with the flow-throughs, so I might switch to the non-flow throughs on the coach tires.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPro View Post
It is dis-concerning to read one of the dualies at 95 psi and its mate at 92. But the gauge reads 95 on both,
If the 92 psi mate is the inner dually, your problem may be the valve stem extension. I fought that problem for 2 years before buying the Wheel Master extensions.

Edit: Mike Benson is no longer with TST. Ask for the owner, Dan Covington.
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPro View Post
Wil,
I think the gauge is good because 1) it matches the gauge that is part of my air fill chuck, and 2) the toad pressures read the same between TST and the gauge. It is dis-concerning to read one of the dualies at 95 psi and its mate at 92. But the gauge reads 95 on both, so I'm trusting the gauge. I'm more concerned about differences between tire pressures than I am with absolute inflation pressures, since I add a 10 PSI "fudge factor" in the rear. By the way, all readings were in the early AM before the sun reached any of the tires.
This isn't for argument, but for helping all of us to understand this issue.

1. Reviewing the TST owner's manual and a discussion with TST, the accuracy of the TST 507 TST flow through sensors id +/- 1.5%.

2. Searching the internet, I couldn't find any tire gauge certified to be better than +/- 2%, and none of them were pencil type gauges. My own pretty expensive pencil truck gauge only shows pressures in 2 psi steps.

3. I can't find any certified pressure accuracy for any tire inflator. In fact, my tire inflater says to check the pressure with a tire gauge after using the tire inflater.

4. I assume from your post that your desired psi on the duleys is 95 psi. The TST sensor accuracy at that pressure is stated to be 95 +/- 1.5% (95 +/- 1.425) or 93.575 to 96.425. That's a difference of 2.85 psi for each tire -- 5.7 psi total for two.

5. The best accuracy of a tire gauge I could find was +/- 2 psi. That could produce a reading of your 95 psi tire of 93.1 to 96.9. That's a difference of 3.8 psi for each tire -- 7.6 total for two.

6. The possible differences shown above make me believe that you can trust the TST readings. I don't think a couple of pounds difference is of importance. Just consider how we have done it in the past and what just a few degrees difference in temperature makes.

As one of my past bosses said, "Don't technical, it to death.

Good Luck!
Wil
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #27

Country Coach Owners Club
Don't get hung up worrying about "exact" pressure. You're interested in loss of pressure (fast or slow) with the TPMS. Given the accuracy of the tpms and the gauge itself, they could be off as much as 3-5 lbs and still within accuracy.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #28

We just bought a 17 Bounder and in my research I bought the EEZRV TPMS thinking it would be a great safety feature. It arrives and my husband says to and it back, I have not done so, lol. He is a mechanic, and is not a fan of putting a sensor on the valve, and feels it can do more damage than good. Please help this divided house by giving your opinions on this topic please.
Amgage is offline   Reply With Quote