Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don:

I can only assume that he though he might be trading the coach in the near future...he did the tranny service in October 04, traded for another Journey in Jan. 05. He kept meticulous service records and had everything done...guess he just didn't want to spring $$$ for Transynd.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Gary, I think I am about to tackle this one myself. Just for the main filter and to replace what ever fluid is lost, my dealer estimated around $250. Man they get a hansome price for their service. And BTW, that was a "special labor reduced" estimate.........
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Update on the filter change. I just completed it about an hour ago. Gary was right on with the part numbers. The kit for the main filter and gaskets was $36.07, and the Transynd was $40.02. A little more than $80 bucks out the door. Even stopping at the local auto parts for a new clean pan and cool new funnel with a 1 quart fluid bottle at the top, I still am under $90 bucks for the service. It took about an hour, and I took my time. I lost almost exactly one quart of fluid, so I still have 3 quarts of Transynd left!

I bought the parts at a Transmission shop by my house that was listed in Allisons service. Really friendly and helpful. That was after I called a local "big truck" repair shop nearby. They kinda blew me off. I guess not a big enough order to get their interest.

Anyway it was an easy service, and I saved a bunch of money. If anyone local needs to do the service and doesn't want to buy a gallon of Transynd, let me know. Thanks everyone for all the advice and research. Next I will probably do the oil change. The only hard part here will be getting off the factory installed filter. I guess at the Cummins factory they have a habit of really putting them on tight.

That will be the next adventure!

Sarge
Old 02-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Hey Sarge,
and . You deserve it.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:11 AM   #33

Sarge,

Great job! Now you have $$ left to fill the tank for the next trip!
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Boy that's the truth Don. I just went down and put about $120 in the tank, and that was for less than half a tank!!