Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #1

Transport needed

Wondering if there are any of you fine folks out there that would be interested in driving a class a motorhome and jeep towed from Colorado to northern Texas anytime in the near future? I've purchased it from a private owner but I'm having difficulty getting up there to bring it down myself. If you think you'd be interested please send me a message and let me know how much you may charge for something like that

thank you
GN2ZDGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #2

Sent you a PM
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Congratulations on the purchase. Have been following several of your threads. Nice to see you found a unit that fits your needs.

IMO you would be better off getting a professional driver from a recognized company to move your unit. May be a bit more expensive but you will have some recourse should something go wrong.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post

IMO you would be better off getting a professional driver from a recognized company to move your unit. May be a bit more expensive but you will have some recourse should something go wrong.
Question, where does one go to find a professional driver?
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Texas tow-away.
usdot2513188 Mc873950

575-649-6545
Nationwide transport of boats cars trucks and RVs.

Paul Tomicek Las Cruces N M 88006

Nice guy!
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojayhawks View Post
Question, where does one go to find a professional driver?
I would look on the internet for expediting companies. All of the MH manufacturers contract companies for moving coaches.

I would check with a company called American Expediting. If they do not do it I am sure they can/will give you a lead.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #7

Horizon Transport, Elkhart, Indiana. Cost may vary based on getting the driver to and from your location, $1.50/mi plus your normal operating expenses--fuel etc.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I can vouch for Paul Tomicek who was previously recommended. I did a deal with him on EBay about 7 years ago, bought a new golf cart and trailer from him. He delivered both on time, from Las Cruces to Houston. Deal went down exactly as agreed.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #9

Thanks everyone that responded and PM'd - the former owner of the coach has offered to drive it down for me
GN2ZDGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN2ZDGS View Post
Thanks everyone that responded and PM'd - the former owner of the coach has offered to drive it down for me
That would be the best thing. You have the ability to look at it for any damage prior to accepting the unit.

Congratulations on the rig. Hope you have many happy carefree miles and years with it.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN2ZDGS View Post
I would hope the MH is still registered and insured in the seller's name until it is delivered. This would relieve you of financial obligation if the fellow had an accident en route. If he has cancelled insurance and turned in the plates he would have to reinsure it and relicense it to drive it down to you. You might even offer to help pay for this but it could be a good financial decision if an accident were to happen.
Payment due only after a final inspection and acceptance by you (the buyer).
The title should be clear and readily available upon delivery with no liens recorded on the title or a lien release accompanying the title. No money should change hands until the title is clear and you can accept ownership.
Lynn