Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #15

I'm shopping for a gas Class A and being in Canada I've run across a couple of Triple E. They are consistently $10,000 - $20,000 more expensive than comparable Newmars and Tiffins and while I'd love to have one I don't think I can handle the extra cost.
Were they that much more expensive brand new?
Maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
There is a shortage. Compare models and prices. $10,000 up front may be a lot cheaper than "later" in a another model.
I paid about $20-25,000 more for my Empress - compared to a Tiffin or Newmar but the workmanships and quality made it worth while. No coach problems in 3 years - some powertrain and the washer dryer (faulty connector inside the unit - manufacturing defect).
I contacted Triple E and asked for a wiring diagram - AC and DC. They were in my email the next day. I later wanted a extra towel rack for the bathroom door - I had it within a week.
I needed wiring advice. I called Triple E and they asked me for the number on the wire (all wires run from source to end without a splice and are numbered aprox every 4 feet. I gave him the number and he told me where to find the fuse block.
On my Bigfoot, I found fuses everywhere - under the running boards etc. It also was 1800 lbs overweight when I weighed it.
My Empress - fully loaded (water, fuel, dog wife and me still has 800 to spare ( we were loaded for heading south for the winter).
So what I am getting at - is that they are worth a bit more up front as you will save it latter. It will also have a higher resale value.
Check manufacturing date on tires and check the batteries on any used coach.
Don't jump at the coach that is cheaper and has lots of fu-fu.
Good luck.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #17

Nor'easters Club
Moderator ....

How 'bout "Canadian RVs Forum"

That would cover a few bases .... And please a pile of Northern neighbours

Just a thought...
Cheers
sd

ps ....you guys rock.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
I know that I started this boat and would like to see , if ok'd, that a forum for those that own Canadian rigs of the Triple E kind, or of other Canadian manufacturers, could get together and discuss the pro's and con's of the rigs they own so we can be aware of the things to watch for and correct before the problems rear their heads.

thanx JMC for wanting to act as modulator for this endeaver.
pops2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #19

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What I don't understand is how come there is an owner's group for us Triple E folks but no forum to meet up on. Kinda like belonging to a club that has no meetings or clubhouse to meet in. As far as I can see it's just a list of 50 or more Triple E owners. I guess if you want to know something about a Triple E, you will just have to post it in one of the general categories and hope someone who knows Triple E will pick up the ball. Some of us are very enthusiastic about Triple E, JCM has helped me out as have the factory.
bluegrasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
I guess what bothers me, not in a bad way, is that the only way that I can post a question to those 50 owners is to contact each one separately as there is no blog or chat line to refer to so that I can contact them all at once.
pops2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Triple E Empress just posted to Classifieds

So all of you that have been raving about your Triple E, I just posted a classified for our Empress. I sooooo which they still made this unit as I LOVE it. We are going to have to go to an Allegro Bus I guess. We have had 4 RVs over the past 20 years and the service Triple E provides is hands down, heads and tails above anyone else. They are just amazing people and I hate to leave . . . darn I wish they still made the Empress! I would join a Triple E forum, just to chime in . . . we have been the sole owner of our 2003 so have lots of experience with the rig.
Clickerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:03 PM   #22

Talking 2006 37foot triple e owner

have had it for 2 months. Finally fixed the intermittent no start problem.
loose wire on the mid point ignition relay. found it near batteries under a blACk plastic cover about 10" bt 10"
dddunbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:23 PM   #23
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
I now have a Triple E Wonder RTB 2020 model. It is my 4th coach from Triple E and it had some small problems when I first got it (June 2020) and there is still one sender not working properly. Why did I sell my Empress - health and age. We are not going south for the winter anymore and we only want to RV around our Province (B.C.) and be able to park anywhere. It is hard to believe that my present motorhome would have made a great TOAD for the Empress -- oh well life happens.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:35 PM   #24

Triple E Owners Club
We purchased a new 2002 34' Commander and it was a great coach and the winter package came into play on our journey to the south leaving on Dec 26 (2004) on our maiden voyage as snow birds. We now have a 2008 40' Triple E Invitation 400HP Cummins with every option available. We bought it used and lucked out. The coach is very solid, quiet and a joy to own.
Triple E now builds a high quality Travel Vans.
I would like to keep informed with other Triple E owners
Chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:48 PM   #25

Triple E Owners Club
Triple E

I as well would be interested in a Triple E owners club. Not sure of how we can get it started, but one person has steped up to help out.
Dennis
Chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:44 PM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To those who own older (say, '90s or een late '80s) Triple E Class As, is the roof and seals of better material or all the same?

Looking at a few but they're either old or quite far away, or both.

TheCatsRV is offline   Reply With Quote