Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Trouble with the battery cut off rocker switch

So when we returned home from our last trip and the MH all clean and ready for storage I pushed the house power cut off rocker switch, well at first it would not kill the power, well it did but only as long as i held the switch down, after several attempts it finally did cut the power, 2 weeks later I was taking the Mh for service and now the same switch refuse to turn on the 12v power , the thing is that it did turn on the power but only for as long i kept holding the switch down, as soon as i let go of it the power would cut off, the reverse of my original problem, I figured I had a defective switch but now 2 new switches later and a new solenoid I still have the same problem, I can get 12v power to the house as long as i keep pressure on the rocker switch.
Any input is greatly appreciated
The MH is a 2003 Monaco Executive
Mariooch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

Might the new switch be bad also? Seems odd. Maybe test the solenoid, bypassing the switch. I once bought a new solenoid that lasted one week.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:13 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for your suggestion, Besides the original switch I have tried 3 others, 2 with a lock button like the original oem and one without, same result,
I replaced the Solenoid because the old one quit working all together, I'm thinking that there is something else between the batteries and the switch.
There's 5 prongs/bayonet connectors under the switch, only 3 are being used and of them 2 are common, I cant find any other loose wire down in the hole bellow the rocker switch panel
Mariooch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If it works when you press the switch (keep pressure on it or wiggle it or whatever) then it is 99% chance a bad switch. Pressing hard on the switch would do nothing if the problem was a wire or relay or something down stream.

It sounds like the "electrical plug" for the switch may be bad (loose contacts). CAn you pull the switch out with the plug still attached (hanging out of dash) so you can wiggle the plug to see if that make the switch work (or carefully inspect the terminals inside)?
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, switch