Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #15

I agree you charging voltage sounds low. Have you unplugged the BTM to verify if it goes up and have you checked the temperature readout on the Magnum remote readout
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #16

Noticed you said you mounted a dual volt meter inside the compartment. This is what I have done. I found a gizmo that straps across the terminals. About $28. Downloaded a free app to phone and IPad. When I get about 15 feet away I open the app and check it. Currently have it on the chassis batteries as I know if they are charging then the house is also. There is a app For $10 that will monitor 2 sets but haven’t bothered with it. This app also has a crank test that will capture the lowest voltage during the cranking process and display it
Old 08-31-2020, 09:00 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I have not unplugged the bat temp monitor yet. That's on my list.

I have a list of things I want to check/do each day while my Coach is parked at home - but as soon as I step out the door each day and get the wave of heat in my face (I'm in FL), I just retreat back inside.

Last week I changed the differential fluid and I'm going to be replacing the Torque Road bushings (when they come in). There's always something to do.

Your battery monitoring app is cool. I didn't know about that, so I did it the old school way with a physical gauge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual Battery voltage monitor.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	299301  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:06 PM   #18

Old school works, know how to check the temperature using the Magnum, it’s in the AC
Old 08-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #19

Sense you have the same drivetrain as I do and also do your own maintenance would you mind giving me a call. Got a couple of questions about the discontinued coolant treatment filter. Number is 817-715-0137. I am retired so a call at your convenience would work anytime for me
Old 09-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
To update and close out this thread...
I have located the source of my problem. It's the battery disconnect switch (House side). I'm losing almost 1 volt across the switch (0.9V to be precise). I can move the On/off switch slightly and the voltage drop goes to 0.

The voltage loss means that my charging voltage of 13.4 at the battery is only 12.5 at the BigBoy (BIRD) and it doesn't respond well to this low voltage. When I move the disconnect switch a little I can get 13.4 and the BigBoy/BIRD and it operates as it should.

I just ordered a replacement disconnect switch (BlueSea m-series p/n 6006) for under $30. It is not exactly the same looking on the face, but fits the cut out perfectly (according the dimensions sheet) and has the terminals in the same position.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Main Battery Disconnect switch - 2005 Beaver PT.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	299890  
Old 09-09-2020, 12:46 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced the House side Battery Disconnect switch today. Just in time too it looks like.

The guts of the switch are separated from the switch body. It looks like the mounting bolts, and pressure from the battery cables pushing on the switch body were the only thing holding it together. All the internal screws that hold the contact plate to the switch housing were broken - as you can see in the photo. Also the nuts holding the battery cables to the 3/8" studs were loose (just a little tighter than finger-tight).

The new Blue Sea m-series switch (p/n 6006) is a perfect fit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Photo of broken Battery Disconnect switch.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	300453  
Old 09-10-2020, 01:14 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
For the second time I’ve had to replace the diodes on the bird board in the 04 Dynasty. First time they shorted out...back feeding power so the engine would not shut off. This time they totally melted so replaced with three 6A diodes. Fortunately the direction is marked in the board.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2DD806DF-1130-4FF0-B958-71F62A37D5A0.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	300567  
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
troubleshooting