Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Trying to identify

I am having problems identifying this system. I googled the name on it and came up empty. I was planning on remodeling my bedroom area to fit at least a double bed but this system shows up on the side I wanted to remove Ghent other side contains my fresh water tank and all of the plumbing inlets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0032.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	175391
Mgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #2

So what is the name? Is there a model #? It resembles a remote power vent.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Can't see it completely in that photo, but it looks like it has inlet and outlet hose and received 12v power. And something taped to the outside that is mostly hidden. Appears to be a pump of some kind. What do those hoses go to/from? They look small for air, but could be water or hydraulic fluid.

Some further clues would help as well. What is the name on the side? And what/year/make/model of RV is it.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:19 PM   #4

OP's profile indicates a 1983 Holiday Rambler Imperial, 33-foot.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #5

Is it a heater? Almost looks like a heater core across the bottom of the picture. Would a duct hook up on the upper right (as seen in the picture) side?

Better pics and more info would help.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #6

Based on the size of the hoses going in and out, I'd say it is a fuel pump of some sort - maybe for the generator? I wouldn't want one inside of my coach, but there's no telling what could have been done to a unit that old.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #7

Mgreg-

Could you share the name that you took off the unit? Can you see where the hoses go?

The two-pin electrical connector is "standard" HR.

It looks to me like an electric actuator.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #8

A little google image searching found a thread with a photobucket photo that had this description:

"As for that strange looking thing under the bed, it is a rear heater that uses cooling fluid from the motor radiator."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heater.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	175468  

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
A little google image searching found a thread with a photobucket photo that had this description:

"As for that strange looking thing under the bed, it is a rear heater that uses cooling fluid from the motor radiator."
thanks for the help i used tineye and got nothing. I was guessing it was some kind of heater as the hoses are not the same used for fuel lines.

I wasn't descriptive enough in my post at least now I know I can remove it or relocate it to a different place. Not even sure it works when I turn on the auxiliary heat nothing happens with it.

And I have no blown fuses in my 12 volt system.

Not even sure how to turn it on.
Mgreg is offline   Reply With Quote