Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2021, 09:16 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5511 View Post
And yet, here you are😳
So you'll never open another credit card, bank account, line of credit, or do any banking at a different bank?

I understand being careful and vetting who you give the information to, so do the vetting and check out the company. If you find something which raises concerns, please let everyone know so we can all be careful. If not, then either open the account with them or pay more for your fuel by doing it some other way.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #58

TSD is not a scam, saves me about $45 per fill up…..
It’s a great card
Ric Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:30 PM   #59

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
I've been using it from the start of the program, its the best fuel deal on the planet, they are going to start offering insurance at a discount rate, I can't wait I'll be first in line. Since the beginning of the program I have saved a ton of money and have never had a problem. TSD has got it together and has worked hard to help us save a lot of money if you drive your coach, I think the issue here is, you are going to have people complain no matter how good they have it. Sign up and enjoy the ride or stop looking at it and complaining about something you don't understand. Keep up the great job TSD.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:41 AM   #60

I think the op's concern was that he/she had already provided the ssn and account number. So getting a request for info already provided in the application set off a red flag. For example a TITLE company recently warned us to not follow any bank account redirection notes due to scams. So it seems the op concern is probably valid and live chat or a phone call is important to perhaps avoid a fishing scam.
Birdhunr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:47 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
You can be sure, any requests to provide bank info or credit card info is a scam. Always. No company is going to send an email with a link. The link is to the thief. I get the Amazon account closed scam about every 6 months. Click here and fix it, haha! Go to the site by typing it in, or call them. They will tell you the same thing.
Onrecess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:22 AM   #62

TSD Prablem

You just mail them a check
Old 07-05-2021, 07:35 AM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Check the TSD App...

Long time user here, BUT learned a le$$on recently.

ALWAYS CHECK THE APP BEFORE YOU FILL

Kansas City East/// Oak Grove, MO...TA on north side of I70, Petro on the South side, same exit. Usually the same discounts. South was more convenient on/off but ARRRRGGGHHH this location does not participate in discount. Paid full price when I checked my invoice after fueling.

My fault, just a heads up...assuming got me about $50 worth this time, but it was really good fuel.

Love the program!!! and yes I know the ladies at TSD tell you to check.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:08 AM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
We've used the TSD program for over a year and love it. When we are traveling and know we need fuel that day or the next we get on the app and find the cheapest place. We are never in a hurry so if it happens to be after an hour on the road, we stop, if it's the next morning, fine. I normally start looking at a 1/2 tank so plenty of miles to go before actually needing fuel.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:26 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Long time user here, BUT learned a le$$on recently.

ALWAYS CHECK THE APP BEFORE YOU FILL

Kansas City East/// Oak Grove, MO...TA on north side of I70, Petro on the South side, same exit. Usually the same discounts. South was more convenient on/off but ARRRRGGGHHH this location does not participate in discount. Paid full price when I checked my invoice after fueling.

My fault, just a heads up...assuming got me about $50 worth this time, but it was really good fuel.

Love the program!!! and yes I know the ladies at TSD tell you to check.
Good to know, thanks.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:32 AM   #66

Interesting experience this past week,
Loves was a better price than the TA at the Missoula exit on I90
Always check the app.
Loves was 8 cents less, I needed 90 gallons
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:05 AM   #67

When the fuel is first pumped and paid it is paid by TSD and they I’ll your account. They want your SSN so they have added security and another help toward payment.

I know many who have the program and are very happy and save lots of money. But the SSN does give one pause!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
Interesting experience this past week,
Loves was a better price than the TA at the Missoula exit on I90
Always check the app.
Loves was 8 cents less, I needed 90 gallons
For those of us with older engines that were not built for bio diesel, it is well worth 8 cents per gallon to get #2 diesel at many of the TA or Petro locations, rather than the 20% bio diesel that is the norm for Love's.

Price, location, ease of access and type of fuel are all considerations for selecting my fuel stops that are all planned in advance. The TSD Open Roads app and the TA Truck Smart apps work well together to provide good information on both fuel price and type, by location.
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:58 AM   #69

I’ve had zero issues running 20 Bio in older diesels. I’ve even mixed in straight veggie oil in older b series engines without issues. Bio actually lubes slightly better in many studies.
Ebwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:32 AM   #70

Please elaborate more on what are the concerns I should be aware of with using using 20% bio Diesel in older engines. How "Old" of an RV is that is a concern? A friend who temporarily made his on Bios diesel told from cooking oil me that the Bio diesel "cleans out the fuel tank" which initially can cause short life for fuel filters and requires initially more frequent filter changing. That could be a problem if you don't carry spares plus a potential for a hassle to change filters mid trip. Can it also cause damage "older" fuel lines" or cause other issues? I have a 2000 Fleetwood Discovery and a 1992 Foretravel U225 both with the Cummings 5.9 B engine and Turbo. So, I'm assuming both would be in the "Older" category. Or, please refer me to some other post if this topic was already covered elsewhere. Also, do any online sites sites tell me which "Diesel a particular station sells or do I just need to pull into the station to check if I want #2 Diesel instead of 20% Bio Diesel. If I have to pull in to check that could take a while to find cheap #2 Diesel because station prices do seem to vary a lot. I got your comment about TA and Petro typically selling #2 Diesel but, I have reward cards that save me 5 cents/gal at shell, flying J and Pilot. plus I use a credit card that gives me some other rewards. Are those stations typically #2 or Bio? I'm looking into other ways to save even more on fuel because I plan to start traveling in my RVs more soon.
Birdhunr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem