Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #1

Tucson Lazydays/KOA

I am confused. I had heard a year or two ago that my beloved Lazydays RV Campground ( previously Beaudry RV Campground ) in Tucson, Arizona had been sold to KOA and that subsequent camper reports were citing a decline in their camping experience there as a result of inferior KOA management of this park.

Now I have just discovered that Lazydays still is advertising this Tucson RV Park on their website along with their Tampa Bay campground, but when I click on the reservation link, it takes me to the KOA website.

Can anyone here tell me what the relationship is between Lazydays and KOA with regards to this park? If anyone has stayed there recently do you have any comments on your camping experience there and the facilities including the restaurant/bar?
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #2

It's a KOA but it's still a very nice campground with nice amenities and their own restaurant.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #3

I stayed there for a few days last spring as well as in the past before KOA took over. The only difference I saw was the gate that goes directly between the RV Park and Lazydays is kept closed now. I did a quick look on RV Park Reviews, it looks like they a still getting 4 and 5 stars with the exception of a few people who's entire RV experience is ruined because the part wifi doesn't work well enough.
AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #4

I stayed before and after the change over. I noticed no difference. Plan to stay there again next weekend.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
I stayed there last February when I took delivery of my Eagle from Lazy Days. It seemed to be a well run, nice park. It also has an onsite restaurant that served decent food. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #6

We are at the Tucson KOA now. The wifi is much improved from last year, in fact the best wifi since we left home a couple weeks ago. No complaints,
Bobcat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #7

Stayed there four nights last week had a great time picked fresh grapefruit oranges and lemonds right at our campsite very clean & friendly staff. Nice resturant & bar. It is a KOA not lazydays anymore but we thought it was very nice
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We just bought a coach at Lazydays and stayed at the park for three days. The entrance to the park off of Irvington Rd isn't open now, so you'll need to enter off of Country Club. Other than that, I don't think you'll find any differences. The KOA staff was good and so was the park.

If you've stayed there before, you won't notice much, if any, difference.