Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2022, 10:03 AM   #1

Turn off Refrigerator

I have 2019 Entegra Emblem 36H. I am putting it up for the winter but I cannot find out how to turn off the refrigerator. Can’t find a breaker for it and cannot locate where it plugs in. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
cwotbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2022, 10:44 AM   #2

Kindly share the model and make of the fridge.

I'd guess there is a circuit breaker to turn off the 120 VAC to the fridge in your main circuit breaker panel. And if your fridge can also run on propane there should be a fuse (or circuit breaker) in your 12 VDC panel that could be removed to kill the control voltage for that multi-power type of fridge.

Lastly, I should think the fridge owner's manual might explain how to shut it down (perhaps with some button/switch/dial setting).
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:00 AM   #3

It's probably a residential style refrigerator, thus 120v electric only and they normally don't have an on/off switch on them.

You may be able to find the plug by opening the outside vent.

If the power cord is not accessible, it is still probably plugged into an outlet, so you could try turning off circuit breakers that control the outlet. Then you would need to make sure that that circuit doesn't shut off something that you want left on.

The light inside the refrigerator should give you an indication when you have found the correct circuit breaker.

Good luck - Jim
Carnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnac View Post
It's probably a residential style refrigerator, thus 120v electric only and they normally don't have an on/off switch on them.

You may be able to find the plug by opening the outside vent.

If the power cord is not accessible, it is still probably plugged into an outlet, so you could try turning off circuit breakers that control the outlet. Then you would need to make sure that that circuit doesn't shut off something that you want left on.

The light inside the refrigerator should give you an indication when you have found the correct circuit breaker.

Good luck - Jim
YEP^^^^
Gonna be a CB for 'Conv', 'General', RCPT' ,,,,,,,,120V outlets
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #5

I'm not the most experienced RV'er around these parts... so I may be way off, but inside my residential fridge is a thermostat knob it says cool, cold, coldest, and off. If I turn it to off it is off. There is also a breaker in a breaker box, but for general short-term off like defrosting, I turn the knob to off.
Brigrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:55 PM   #6

I have Samsung RF18 in 2016 Bounder. It has 110 c/b in c/b pnl just for that residential frig, only way to pwr it off
RM travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:59 PM   #7

On our GE residential refrigerator, we use the temp buttons on the front panel freezer door to turn temp to 0 -off. The light will still come on if you open the door, so turning off the 120V breaker would probably work just as well.

We do turn our fridge to off when putting it in storage, so it does not run if the inverter or coach power switch is accidentally left on.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:00 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigrat View Post
I'm not the most experienced RV'er around these parts... so I may be way off, but inside my residential fridge is a thermostat knob it says cool, cold, coldest, and off. If I turn it to off it is off. There is also a breaker in a breaker box, but for general short-term off like defrosting, I turn the knob to off.
That was my thought too.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 01:24 PM   #9

Newmar used a Maytag residential when my 2015 was built and there is a power button on the front control panel where the water & ice is dispensed. After I've emptied it for the season I turn it off and after that I also kill the breaker.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 01:45 PM   #10

I have a Newmar Ventana all electric coach. Dealer provided the following instruction:

Turn off "salesman switch" at the front door.
Go to the remote panel for the inverter and turn off the inverter.
Leave the battery charger on.

All AC to coach now dead (including residential fridge) and charger stays on keeping batteries charged.
jaydee325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:16 PM   #11

Thanks for all the input. I turn off each breaker but none turned off the Frig. Tomorrow I’ll try some of the other options. Thanks again.
cwotbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:23 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
If it is a residential refrigerator and If all 120 VAC breakers are off it must be running off the inverter ? Have you turned the inverter off ?
Old 11-29-2022, 07:49 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you have a cabinet next to the refrigerator, look inside. This is where mine is plugged in and it was difficult to locate that receptical because the plug and cover were both black as is the inside of the cabinet.

Winnebago hid my plug well as I am sure Entegra also did.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 08:48 PM   #14

Never would have thought a manufacturer would build a frig without an on/off switch. Seems pretty silly that a person has to find and shut off a breaker or pull the plug to turn the thing off.

Oh well, learn something new today!

Tags
refrigerator