Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2023, 03:12 PM   #1

Turn Signal Camera

We have owned our coach for 7 years now. Until our last trip, the rear camera was constantly showing the toad as we went down the road. If I turned on a turn signal it would flip to a view of the appropriate side of the vehicle, and hold that view until the turn signal turned off.
Now, when I turn on the turn signal it flips to that side view for about 1/2 of a second, then back to the rear view. It won't stay on long enough to be of any value. It does the same thing on both sides.
Any suggestions? Thanks
partskenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2023, 03:53 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ken, I believe mine is typical. There is a "black box" controller behind the radio (or other device that displays your camera(s) view on the screen.) I liken it to a 4-way valve in the plumbing world. It has video inputs from the rear cam, the LS cam and the RS cam and an output video connection to your viewing/screen device. Power from the turn signal switches it from its "default" mode (rear/backup cam) and there is usually a way to view the rear cam continuously if desired (rather than just in reverse) ..... although it will/should always switch to the side view when commanded by the turn signal. It may be bad ..... or have a loosened connection? The techs/assemblers at Jayco call it "the switcher".

Usually, it is easily accessible when you drop the radio forward a bit.

Others more expert than I will chime in, hopefully.

Good times and safe travels to ya.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:46 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Radio Reset

If you have the Pioneer like our 2016 there is a way to reset in the manual. Ours was showing a quick side look also then would go black till turn signal was off and back camera would come back on. Might work for you. Good luck.
BMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 04:16 AM   #4

Thank you. I had the cable into the back of the radio come loose a few years ago, I will pull it out and take another look. I will also read the dreaded manual again.
Old 06-10-2023, 05:16 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
YouTube reset vids

If you do a search for Pioneer AVH x2700BS reset (radio I have) it's really easy. Push settings(gears icon) - push tools(wrench/screwdriver icon) - scroll down to restore settings and select. YouTube videos from 5 Star Car Stereo cover a lot on the Pioneer I have - no dreaded manual involved!
BMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 03:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMcD View Post
If you do a search for Pioneer AVH x2700BS reset (radio I have) it's really easy. Push settings(gears icon) - push tools(wrench/screwdriver icon) - scroll down to restore settings and select. YouTube videos from 5 Star Car Stereo cover a lot on the Pioneer I have - no dreaded manual involved!
I decided to try this first because it didn't involve yanking the radio. It was easy, and worked perfectly, problem solved.
Thanks for all the answers.
Old 06-12-2023, 08:03 AM   #7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by youracman View Post
Ken, I believe mine is typical. There is a "black box" controller behind the radio (or other device that displays your camera(s) view on the screen.) I liken it to a 4-way valve in the plumbing world. It has video inputs from the rear cam, the LS cam and the RS cam and an output video connection to your viewing/screen device. Power from the turn signal switches it from its "default" mode (rear/backup cam) and there is usually a way to view the rear cam continuously if desired (rather than just in reverse) ..... although it will/should always switch to the side view when commanded by the turn signal. It may be bad ..... or have a loosened connection? The techs/assemblers at Jayco call it "the switcher".

Usually, it is easily accessible when you drop the radio forward a bit.

Others more expert than I will chime in, hopefully.

Good times and safe travels to ya.
I hate having the mirror cams come on when making a turn -- my side mirrors work just fine, and I prefer to always have our rear end showing on the screen to see what's going on behind me. I'll have to pull the radio at some point to see if I can find this switcher and disconnect the mirror cams -- thanks for this tip.
Finally_Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:12 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To Finally_Able - if you find how to disable the turn signal switch, please post. I agree with you, I prefer it not do it either.

Tags
camera