Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2018, 11:46 PM   #1

Turning cockpit seats around

We have a Fleetwood Providence 2008. I cant figure out how to turn the drivers seat around facing the cabin, can anyone tell me how? Thanks
aconaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 12:03 AM   #2

While you're waiting for instructions from somebody who has the exact coach you have, you might want to view this instructional video provided by Fleetwood on how to swivel the seats. It appears to be on a newer model than yours but the seats may or may not have the same controls.

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:07 AM   #3

This one beats me up every time I do it also. Tilt the steering column all the way up. Put the left armrest down and rotate the seat towards the passenger side. Tilt the seat back all the way forward while sliding the seat forward and continue rotating right. This should make it clear the steering column. I hope this makes since and works for you.
pff54p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I'm not familiar with the Fleetwood.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #5

i have an older fleetwood and I have to say i never thought my driver seat would rotate but now im curious. I will have to look and see if it does.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 39V and when looking at this two other sellers told me that the seat would not turn around. I said it must so I do the same manuever as stated before but remember to pull up to fully extend the telescoping wheel which allows for a tight squeeze. Really need about another inch for it to work better! Enjoy your rig.
dcfleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Both the drivers and passenger seats rotate around on my 98 Pace Arrow. The previous owner, which he had owned this MH for 5 years, did not know that the dash flipped up as well. Great idea Fleetwood.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #8

Our 2005 Providance has seats that pivot exactly as in the video. I believe they are made by Flexsteel, and make the coach much more comfortable.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
My '97 Discovery rotates!

Vic
thebunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #10

I have owned 5 diesel pushers.......they all have rotated
mmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aconaway View Post
We have a Fleetwood Providence 2008. I cant figure out how to turn the drivers seat around facing the cabin, can anyone tell me how? Thanks
You didn't mention what the problem is ....

Does your seat back hit the steering wheel while attempting to turn the seat?

Are you adjusting the seat as in the video posted?

Are you unable to release the back or slide the bottom forward?

I don't think I can compare my 2008 Fleetwood gasser to your DP but I'll just say that mine was intentionally designed to not turn around

Fleetwood mounted the seat far forward as to not to interfere with the slide activation which won't let the seat move away from the steering wheel.

The seat back will not clear the steering wheel no matter what configuration or adjustment I make.

When I told my salesman he thought for sure it would.. He was puzzled when he tried and failed, apparently it was something new (back in 2008)

Eventually I intend on remounting the seat a few inches farther to the rear and be very careful when activating the slide

Don't know if that may be your issue, hope it helps

Good luck!
Old 05-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On our 08 southward, getting the Flexsteel driver's seat to swivel is kinda like dancing the hokey pokey. First tilt the steering wheel all the way forward (assuming you are on a Workhorse chassis) Unlatch the seat, put the armrests up and rotate it until the setback bangs into the steering wheel. Move the seatback to the full upright position, Slide the seat base all the way to the back, put the left armrest down so it does under the steering wheel, and complete the rotation. It turns about 3/4 or so, but enough to make the seat usable.

That's what it's all about...
Blandry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:22 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Can't understand all the differences. On the Tiffin I own, there is a lever on the side of the seat, blends in well. Looks like a latch. Simply flip it out and the seat swivels. When we were looking, we noticed many that used a real lever that goes under the seat and sticks out on the side. Most (but not all) lifted up to unlock the seat.

I will warn you, once you figure out how to unlock the seat, the fun has only started. They are often quite a trick to rotate the seats as they often interfere with a slide-out, steering wheel, you-name-it.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't remember the exact sequence now but I had to do some juggling with the arm, steering wheel and seat position to turn the drivers seat around on our '02 DSDP.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood