Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #15

Another alternative is to purchase an adapter for the cassette player and connect it to the earphone output or RCA audio output of the TV. I connect my XM radio or TV when I want, to my speakers. Works great. You can purchase these at Radio Shack.
Michael
mmcl26554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Thx, Link saved and I will look into items like this if I can't figure out what the pin-out is for the connector on the back of my radio. I keep forgetting to cal Audiovox to see if they will help me. It is on my to-do list.
No connections are made to your radio with the thru the air unit....Just tune the preselected radio station on your radio and hear TV through your radio....this is what I'm doing
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl26554 View Post
Another alternative is to purchase an adapter for the cassette player and connect it to the earphone output or RCA audio output of the TV. I connect my XM radio or TV when I want, to my speakers. Works great. You can purchase these at Radio Shack.
Michael
I have or did have one of those cassette adapters, but it's not in the headphone bag where the CD player it went to is. I may have cannibalized it for some reason or another. Can I get just the adapter with the plug on the end? I could make that work. I think I have some male RCA to female headphone cords.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #18

Yes you can buy just the adapter, and Walmart also has them! You can also get them at Amazon for $3.00.
Michael
Old 09-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #19

Crap! I remember. I didn't know what it went to and took it apart to see what made it tic.
Any idea what WM gets for them? Amazon + shipping would probably be more.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #20

Assuming you have Aux In RCA jacks on your stereo and you run cables from TV Audio Out to stereo Aux In, you may also need to go into your TV Menu and change the Audio selection from TV Speakers to Aux (or External or something similar) Speakers. This is how mine works.
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredBob View Post
Assuming you have Aux In RCA jacks on your stereo and you run cables from TV Audio Out to stereo Aux In, you may also need to go into your TV Menu and change the Audio selection from TV Speakers to Aux (or External or something similar) Speakers. This is how mine works.
On my 05 Dolphin I ran a lead from the audio out on the TV to the aug. in on the radio. All I have to do is turn the radio on and select aug. on the radio.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #22

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Crap! I remember. I didn't know what it went to and took it apart to see what made it tic.
You sound as bad as me!

I keep a list of items in my Amazon wish list that I actually do want or need but I'm not in a hurry for so I can use them to pad an order to get the free shipping that comes with a $25 or more order.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Walmart $9.88 (on their website, but call your local for up to date price)
Amazon adapter $3.69 shipping $2.48.
Michael
Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #24

Quote:
My 2004 Sea Breeze has the Audiovox VR180 in-dash radio, but no RCA input leads. It is made to have a CDC(Changer) input thru an 8-pin connector on the back of the radio. I have a cable with the right connector on one end, but still need help getting it to play thru the overhead radio speakers.

Please see post #25 of the below thread.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/nati...-102238-2.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredBob View Post
From previous posts

Old 09-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #25

I found another cable with the right DIN plug on one end with two 3.5mm and one 2.5mm plugs on the other end. When plugged into the back of my VR180, I see voltage and grd on all of the plugs. I'm thinking the 2.5mm one is a control lead the other two are input leads, but they don't have the same voltage on them.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #26

Just got off the phone with ASA(Audiovox) tech support. Really nice guy. Took him awhile, but he is emailing me the pin out for the DIN cable.

Should have done this weeks ago, but I was having the common male "fear of rejection" issues and was expecting him to tell me he couldn't give out that info. We agreed that I may have to put a resistor across the control leads if it doesn't recognize the RCA output from the TV as having something connected to the input.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #27

Hope I don't release the factory installed smoke by trying it.
If I'm lucky, the radio will recognize the RCA from the TV as valid inputs.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #28

Dunner,
You should not see any voltage on the 2 audio in pins. Of course 12v on the 12v pin. As far as Acc and CDC buss I don't know maybe you can measure some voltage but the audio should be 0.
Michael