Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #1

TV in Damon Challanger 377

Hi and good morning,

we have a 377 Damon Challenger.

Now we want to take out the Main-TV to connect a HDMI cable.

But as we take out the Main-TV? We must solve the seven screws up and seven scews down or is there a trick and it is easier?

Thank you.

Walter
Winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It might be you do not have to remove it.. Here is how to find out..

First, Some background, the rig pictured in my profile or sig is a 2005 Intruder 377W.

On SOME RV's you will find a panel UNDER the tv, 4 screws and you access the back of the unit.

On mine the panel is "Behind" (Between windshield and TV cabinet) and has several more screws. Sitting on the dash with my head in an area about 1/2 of what I'm comfortable with I can remove the scr4ews and properly connect the TV (Damon hooked it up somewhat.. WRONG) No need to remove.

Of course this all depends on where on the unit the HDMI jack is, Mosern flat screen's tend to have connections on the side (major issue) my older CRT they are on the rear.

But look for an easy access panel.. You might get lucky

A mirror helps look up I can not see that ventelation grill from outside or inside without either sticking my head up there or using a mirror.

Beyond that I can't help you as there are many ways they build those cabinets.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #3

thank you, but unfortunately I had to solve the 14 screws, 7 above and 7 below ...
The HDMI port is on the back. I bought a screwdriver, 7 inches, and a telescope with a magnet. The slot is only a half inch ... But it works well. Thank you again.

Winni
Winni is offline   Reply With Quote