Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #1

Twin Beds

Anybody know if any manufacturer still makes a Class A unit with twin beds? I've had both queen and twin bed MH's and have found for us (I get up a lot) that twin beds work best. I have looked at many sites and other than the Winnebago Via (which is way too small and PRICEY), and Lazy Daze (Class C), there aren't many options other than finding a used unit. Any direction would be appreciated.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi wildtoad,
Consider contacting Newmar at 800-731-8300. They have a long standing tradition of "mass producing in volumes of one". If the request does not change the coach structure they will modify the coach to suit the customer.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #3

Make your own, I just did. It is real easy. Have the builder leave the queen out.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We found and bought a 2002 mountain aire model 3758 class a gas with twin beds last June and love it. Its the only one I have seen with twin beds. I wish you luck in finding one. you will like it. John
clouddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Anybody know if any manufacturer still makes a Class A unit with twin beds? .
If there is, I've not seen one. I think with the advent of bedroom slides, the days of the twin beds are a thing of the past. Maybe someone knows of an exception??

At any rate, I've all but given up on that little quest and would settle for a mattress that dosen't feel like a 'California Quake' when someone does her little Mexican Jumping Bean impressions while sleeping! I swear I could make a fortune doing other camper's laundry if only she could sleep in a shallow kiddie pool filled with a little water and soap powder...she keeps whacking me at the suggestion.

OOPS...just saw the above post...there ya go..

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote