Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2016, 06:10 AM   #1

Undecided on upgrading to Class A

Good morning everyone I have a question and need some experienced advice. We have a Jayco Seneca C Class with a Chev C5500 diesel Kodiak frame and Allison 5 speed we really enjoy it very much its a 2007 35gs. But we might be interested in going into an Tiffian Allegro there is one here in the Tucson area but it is a Ford V10 gasser we will be buying used so I really would appreciate any input that someone has we like the space in the front on the class A and you give that up on a C Class anyway any input would be great thanks Don
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2016, 07:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpey View Post
Good morning everyone I have a question and need some experienced advice. We have a Jayco Seneca C Class with a Chev C5500 diesel Kodiak frame and Allison 5 speed we really enjoy it very much its a 2007 35gs. But we might be interested in going into an Tiffian Allegro there is one here in the Tucson area but it is a Ford V10 gasser we will be buying used so I really would appreciate any input that someone has we like the space in the front on the class A and you give that up on a C Class anyway any input would be great thanks Don

Our previous MH was a 2008 WINEBAGO OUTLOOK (class C on an E450 frame) and we LOVED it, we put over 70,000 miles in 5 years and had so much fun with it. We created many great family memories.

We wanted a different floor plan and found what we were looking for in a Class A. Our current MH is F53 Ford V10 and it is sooooo much easier for me to drive my then our previous Class C. We now have just over 30,000 miles on our 2013 and have just as much FUN, the additional space and features are nice. I can drive much longer and not feel tired. I did not realize it at the time but the E450 for me was not as comfortable to drive as our current MH with V10 F53 chassis.

You have a great chassis with your current Class C so you might not find the Class A F53 chassis any better as far as ride and handling. Really it comes down to floor Plan, find the best Plan.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RELHUB View Post
Our previous MH was a 2008 WINEBAGO OUTLOOK (class C on an E450 frame) and we LOVED it, we put over 70,000 miles in 5 years and had so much fun with it. We created many great family memories.

We wanted a different floor plan and found what we were looking for in a Class A. Our current MH is F53 Ford V10 and it is sooooo much easier for me to drive my then our previous Class C. We now have just over 30,000 miles on our 2013 and have just as much FUN, the additional space and features are nice. I can drive much longer and not feel tired. I did not realize it at the time but the E450 for me was not as comfortable to drive as our current MH with V10 F53 chassis.

You have a great chassis with your current Class C so you might not find the Class A F53 chassis any better as far as ride and handling. Really it comes down to floor Plan, find the best Plan.

I agree 100%

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We upgraded from a 2003 Coachmen Leprechaun class A to an Allegro 31SAclass A. Love the floor plan and so much more room and basement storage. There was a learning curve with driving the A compared to the C but after a month I feel as comfortable with the A as I did with the C. Floorplan, extra interior room, extra seating, larger shower, greatly increased and easily accessed basement storage were all a plus for us. We wanted to stay with a gasser for decreased cost of ownership compared to diesel. Only downside so far has been the height and low limbs on secondary roads here in TN that we must watch out for. We are very happy with our choice.
TnThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #5

When my wife and I started looking at Rv's we were at oppisite opinions as what to buy as I wanted a class A and she a class c. We rented a class c for a couple days and enjoyed it very much. Then I found a nice Class A in our price range and with some discussion and a fair sized retainer the owner allowed us to use it for two days. She won't admitt it but I think just the drive to the camp ground changed her mind because she remarked several times about how the ride was much smoother, plus the large cab area gives her an excuse to act like she does'nt hear what I'm saying
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a