Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by walte1fr View Post
Oh we do turn them off when we go to bed.
Hey, if you go to bed about an hour after sundown I'm happy with that.[emoji4]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Hey, if you go to bed about an hour after sundown I'm happy with that.[emoji4]

Haha well if you’re my neighbor let me know. I don’t mind turning them off or down if it bugs the neighbors.
walte1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Haha well if you’re my neighbor let me know. I don’t mind turning them off or down if it bugs the neighbors.
Sounds good. Maybe we can make a drinking game out of who spots the most satellites passing overhead.[emoji856]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 04-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Sounds good. Maybe we can make a drinking game out of who spots the most satellites passing overhead.[emoji856]

I’ll win that one. I have an alert on my phone 5 min before each one peaks in light intensity haha
Old 04-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #19

Quote:
I’ll win that one. I have an alert on my phone 5 min before each one peaks in light intensity haha
Just a friendly mano a mano competition and you want to make it a mano a technology competition? Don't be going all "Lance Armstrong" on me now.[emoji6]
Old 04-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #20

Banggood has a ton of led stuff direct China supplier if you want to go DIY. RBG can be used as pseudo white but have blue green halos in reflections. . Banggood is great place for many things.
Splice kits...tees...ends wire...in 12v or 110 convertors.
There are even RGB /cool wht. and soft wht. on Amazon. Double and triple row led
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Just a friendly mano a mano competition and you want to make it a mano a technology competition? Don't be going all "Lance Armstrong" on me now.[emoji6]

Hahah nope I’m just more of a nerd I guess haha
Old 04-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Banggood has a ton of led stuff direct China supplier if you want to go DIY. RBG can be used as pseudo white but have blue green halos in reflections. . Banggood is great place for many things.
Splice kits...tees...ends wire...in 12v or 110 convertors.
There are even RGB /cool wht. and soft wht. on Amazon. Double and triple row led

Ok I’ll have to check them out thanks.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:00 PM   #23
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"walte1fr"......I added LED lights under my coach on both sides, between the wheels. I first attached them to the frame, behind the bay doors, but they shown straight down and didn't give the effect that I was looking for. I wanted them to shine more towards the patio. I went to Home Depot and bought (1/2" x 1/2" x 8') aluminum angle from the carpet department. I drilled the center of the "V" about every foot. I attached it, "V" up to the frame with self tapping screws. This gave a 45 degree angle that made the lights shine out onto the patio. It also made for a clean attachment point. With them properly set, they make for great ambient light that doesn't blind you.

I used white LED's with a dimmer, since I'm also past the age of boogie lights. I added an outdoor electrical box, with a 12 hour spa timer switch, in the bay where the wires terminated. In the evening, I would just turn on the timer so that it would go off at 11:00 pm or what ever time you desire.

When I installed the LED's, I put a dab of clear silicone over both ends and about every foot to keep the backing tape from coming loose.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"walte1fr"......I added LED lights under my coach on both sides, between the wheels. I first attached them to the frame, behind the bay doors, but they shown straight down and didn't give the effect that I was looking for. I wanted them to shine more towards the patio. I went to Home Depot and bought (1/2" x 1/2" x 8') aluminum angle from the carpet department. I drilled the center of the "V" about every foot. I attached it, "V" up to the frame with self tapping screws. This gave a 45 degree angle that made the lights shine out onto the patio. It also made for a clean attachment point. With them properly set, they make for great ambient light that doesn't blind you.

I used white LED's with a dimmer, since I'm also past the age of boogie lights. I added an outdoor electrical box, with a 12 hour spa timer switch, in the bay where the wires terminated. In the evening, I would just turn on the timer so that it would go off at 11:00 pm or what ever time you desire.

When I installed the LED's, I put a dab of clear silicone over both ends and about every foot to keep the backing tape from coming loose.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Did you buy “RV LEDs” or just random batch off amazon? I’m trying to figure out if the extra money gives anything extra. Do you have a picture of what you bought from Home Depot?
Old 04-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #25

Freightliner Owners Club
Boogie lights are worth the money. Several years ago I had them help me install them on my Gold Wing motorcycle and they were still working after 3 years and 65K miles.
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by db7512 View Post
Boogie lights are worth the money. Several years ago I had them help me install them on my Gold Wing motorcycle and they were still working after 3 years and 65K miles.

That’s great. I’m wondering if there are any first hand stories of a cheap version failing.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #27
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Here is the aluminum at HD

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...2677/204273980

I bought just regular LED's and learned that they don't all work the same. I bought a couple of different dimers and remotes, that didn't play well with the LED's. I would buy something that comes as a system, to make sure they will work.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Here is the aluminum at HD

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...2677/204273980

I bought just regular LED's and learned that they don't all work the same. I bought a couple of different dimers and remotes, that didn't play well with the LED's. I would buy something that comes as a system, to make sure they will work.

Ok thank you very much.

Tags
led, light, lights