Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Love the tools
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #58

I love your woodworking shop. I also do woodworking at our home, sadly [emoji17] I don't have the room to do those things on the road. Maybe one of these days.
keger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #59

On our housetruck we designed and engineered, we built the door of steel. With dual dead-bolts.

Our windows are 2412, two-feet wide sliders by a foot tall; as we see it, eye-level while standing inside. As the passersby see it, about eight-feet above the ground outside.

Outside, as the need arose, our latest evolution is an additional 140-gallon fuel tank... for a total of 190-gallons on the rig. As we built the toy-hauler, we incorporated a 120-gallon fuel tank on it. As you can imagine, our range is approximately Anchorage to Acapulco.
LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
On our housetruck we designed and engineered, we built the door of steel. With dual dead-bolts.

Our windows are 2412, two-feet wide sliders by a foot tall; as we see it, eye-level while standing inside. As the passersby see it, about eight-feet above the ground outside.

Outside, as the need arose, our latest evolution is an additional 140-gallon fuel tank... for a total of 190-gallons on the rig. As we built the toy-hauler, we incorporated a 120-gallon fuel tank on it. As you can imagine, our range is approximately Anchorage to Acapulco.

Please post pics!!!
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
Replaced a very uncomfortable couch/bed with this:

Attachment 224107
Attachment 224108

I often work from the road, so the computer and chair go on the desk on the right side.
Dang I’d like to be able to copy your work! However, 4 out of 3 people will tell you that I’m not good at handy work. Do you have a dinette, or did you change that out too?
Imatraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:56 PM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Wow! As mentioned previously, there's some amazing stuff you folks are doing.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:39 AM   #63

In our 2000 Endeavor, removed the tile in the kitchen and the carpet in the front LR and replaced all with Vinyl planking that complemented the cabinetry, pulled out the washer/dryer combo and replaced the sub floor (guess why?), lined area with poly shower pan underlayment, built a PVC pipe rack, 24" tall for the W/D unit to set on so drips are readily visible and the laundry basket fits underneath, replaced the stock clearance lights with LEDs, replaced all the interior lights with LEDs, Nothing else really needs done. (yet)
Wagg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:11 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
Replaced a very uncomfortable couch/bed with this:

Attachment 224107
Attachment 224108

I often work from the road, so the computer and chair go on the desk on the right side.
Curious what TV lift you used and how big the TV is? I am planning on doing that behind my couch this winter with a 48" TV.

Very nicely done beautiful work.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #65

Removed the hide-a-bed sofa and replaced it with a Yamaha 88-key P255 piano for the DW.

Added a 48" sisal rope scratching post with platform on top for the cats.

Removed the LED fireplace (didn't use it) and added a cat door into the basement there (it's always cooler down there).

Removed the home theater stuff ... replaced it with some high-end self-powered media speakers. I cast to them via BT AptX from a tablet.

Added USB outlets. Added some 120V outlets on kitchen counter.

Removed the outdoor fridge (never used it) and put shelves for hiking shoes and poles in its place.

Rerouted heating ducts to make more room in basement (added about 7 cu ft of storage).

Removed both TVs and their wall brackets. Didn't use them. Also removed TV bracket from the basement.

Got 4 kWH (300 AH) lithium battery and 600W of solar for ample electricity.

Upgraded microwave to inverter type so it will run on our 900W inverter.

Added 60 amp charger to minimize generator time when the solar isn't working (shade or rain).

Add a Flag Buddy flag pole for flag and WeBoost outside cell antenna.

Made cat-sized access hole to about 5 cu ft of wasted space behind the now removed large TV. Cats love it, watch us from the 2" cable pass-through.

Added about 60 gallons of water storage in the bed of the truck ... we now have about a 12 day supply of water with us.

Rebuilt the dining table after too much off-road shook it apart (mostly used locktite on all bolts).

Made a computer monitor stand next to my chair (extends out more-or-less in front of me).

Made an over-the-cat lap table for the keyboard.

Custom made oak towel racks for over the toilet and over the shower.

Removed the useless subwoofer and replaced it with a 2 gallon surge tank to quite the pump and make it run less frequently.

Have a list for this winter ... including downsizing the A/C to one that will run on the Honda 2000 generator (could go with an easy start but the new one will not shade the solar and will be adequate since we avoid really hot weather).
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #66

reclining loveseats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Where do I start.....my changes are because of an illness. Some of you might have heard of it “RVmodificationitis”

Changed out the terrible OEM bed sofa to reclining loveseats
Changed out the kitchen mirror backsplash to “simulated tin plate”
Installed electric fireplace
Re-installed bathroom door to hinge on opposite side creating an en-suite
Removed bathroom sliding doors to expanding rod and curtain assembly
Upgraded stereo speakers for on-the-road sound system
Installed floor to ceiling curtains to isolate cockpit for heat/Air conditioning control
Upgraded OEM ceiling exhaust fans to fantastic fan units
Replaced OEM vinyl flooring
Upgraded foam density and fabric of dinette

That’s the biggies.
Where did you buy your loveseat? Cost? How hard to replace?
wbputerwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDJR. View Post
That looks Great !

How much trouble is it to get the couch in and out of your coach ?
Not too bad. The L sofa did have to come apart but we paid a local guy to make the swap.

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #68

Carolina Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
So far...
1) Installed Samsung RF 18
2) Took out beveled mirrors & installed Artis Wall reclaimed wood planks
3) Smart Tiles in kitchen and bathroom & new kitchen faucet
4)Took down day/night shades, installed 2"wood Plantation Blinds
5) Took down valances & hung custom curtains
6) Took down MDF TV console monstrosity & installed Artis Wall
7) Took down windshield drapes & replaced with custom curtains.
Attachment 224142Attachment 224143Attachment 224144Attachment 224145Attachment 224146Attachment 224147Attachment 224148Attachment 224149
That's wonderful! Are you a full time RVer? I plan on doing my own decorating in my RV whenever we figure out what we are going to get! I just love your remodel!
SeektheSon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Have completed numerous. L shaped island in kitchen, tile floor, removed dinette and replaced with counter eating setup,removed one couch and replaced with wall cabinets and computer desk, added puck style ceiling lighting, added upgraded paint/decal look to exterior, flat screen TVs. for pics or info contact me. Kent kptremodel@yahoo.com or phone in Utah 801-254-8338
WhoFromMizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:27 AM   #70

So, you did all that yourself? Did you make the cabinets, stain etc? Or did you purchase the set and install. If the second, I could probably do that.

So, Golfer Guy! Come to St. George, UT and we'll play some of the most beautiful golf courses ever! Oh, and while we're playing, I'll tell you how I got to play Augusta National!

Thanks,
Lou
Imatraveler is offline   Reply With Quote