Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2021, 08:06 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Upgrading Dometic Penguin II Control Boards

I am upgrading the control boards on my newer Penguin II AC/Heat Pumps to be compatible with the Micro-Air EasyTouch RV thermostat. We tried the EasyTouch that was compatible with the 5 button on my coach but found out that the older control boards do not send coach temperature settings back to the thermostat. We wanted to be able to monitor the coach remotely.

Ok, here is the question. The newer control boards connections are not identical to the 5 button control board. The first difference was that the newer control board has a connection for all three blower speeds (High, Med, Low). I simply connected the yellow wire from the motor to the control board medium setting. This was pretty easy as there was a diagram on the motor. The connection that I am really looking for insight on (that I think I have right) is the purple wire. The purple wire connected to a switch labeled T4. The new control board has a terminal that is also T4. Is is labeled REV-VALVE. I traced the purple wire back to the compressor and low and behold it was connected to a electronic valve. I'm pretty sure this is the valve that reverses the refrigerant flow to heat versus cool. The only other thing that wasn't plug and play was the red terminal on the original control board. It connects to P3 and is an outdoor temperature sensor. It was also labeled P3 on the original control board.

Has anyone done this and am I on the right track on the purple wire? I haven't powered the system up yet until I get some feedback here. I think I am ok, but with a trip a week from now - I cannot afford to screw something up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	338632   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	338633  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	338634   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	338635  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
dometic