Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes the DD is noisy, but it works very well. I drilled a couple holes behind the bathroom medicine cabinet to mount a hook on the bedroom side. I fabricated a metal coat hanger into a hanging bracket for the DD (with hose). Now it's up in a corner in the bedroom, out of the way.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #16

American Coach Owners Club
Oreck for the carpet. It does a great job, and a Shark steamer for the tile. The steamer does not leave any chemical residue.
rcngron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I bought the cheap one. Found out when I got it home that it had no hose.
Missed the hose,
Since we were right in the Walmart lot when my wife found that the less expensive Dirt Devil she bought had no hose, she went back and exchanged it for the + $10 model.
(Thats why I suggested reading the boxes)!

Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use a Hoover LiNX Cordless Stick Vac and matching hand vac. They use the same long lasting powerful LiON batery pack. Works great. And the cordless feature allows me to use it while boondocking.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #19

We use a small bright yellow Eureka bagless, its called "The Boss". Can't lose this one. Got it at Menards in Rhinlander,WI.
greasecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Dyson has come out with an upright rechargeable for carpeted and non carpeted floors. It can be broken down so it can be used as a car vac and is bag-less. I haven't seen them in stores as yet but I'll bet it's pricey. It also comes with a wall mount.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasecan View Post
We use a small bright yellow Eureka bagless, its called "The Boss". Can't lose this one. Got it at Menards in Rhinlander,WI.
great little unit but the filters are expensive. being cheap i clean mine and blow it off with leaf blower
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #22

Dyson all the way, what it picks up compared to any other vac is crazy! Works flawlessly, its pricey, but so worth every cent. The smallest upright takes up very little space.
jstbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My wife likes the Bissell 3 in 1. Small, very light weight but does a good job.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking

We have a Shark as well but ours is corded, Seems to work well enough on carpet and vinyl. Also use to remove cat hair from sofa. LOL
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
We finally gave up on the central vac system in our coach (Maxum2000/Dirt Devil) and bought a mini-Dyson "all floors" ball model. It is both amazing and disgusting how much "stuff" it picks up in our small area!!
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Dyson has come out with an upright rechargeable for carpeted and non carpeted floors. It can be broken down so it can be used as a car vac and is bag-less. I haven't seen them in stores as yet but I'll bet it's pricey. It also comes with a wall mount.

It's a Dyson DC-35.

Dyson DC35 Multi floor Vacuum Cleaner | Dyson.com

Their website claims 15 minutes on high (normal) power setting and 6 minutes on "Max" power setting.

DW bought one a couple of weeks ago at a local Best Buy for $299.99 and it works GREAT! I haven't used a stopwatch to check how long it runs, but, I'd guess that their advertising is accurate. Further, it really sucks! And I mean that in a good way. Easily enough battery to vacuum the entire coach (all 41 feet) and works equally well on the tile and carpet.

It does seem expensive. It works GREAT! (I know, I already said that.)

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #27

Eureka model 439 Pet Lover Bagless. About $65 delivered from Walmart online. It's small and packs nicely under the dinette seats and cleans up our Labrador's fur nicely.
195pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #28

Based on Consumer Reports, we replaced the 26-lb cast aluminum clunker in the stick house for an 8-lb Riccar. Works a treat, and it's US made. No great bells and whistles (except HEPA quality bags), just a first rate performer - note we have 2 Labs!. It was around $200 2 years ago.