RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2020, 07:12 AM   #1

Used Body Parts

01 Monaco , Executive 43 DS2
Damaged a storage door. Does anyone know of resource for these doors, or perhaps an RV wrecking yard?

My apologies in advance if this is a redundant question. Iím over an hour into searching without success.
Odalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2020, 07:16 AM   #2

I have used Visione TV salvage to get a part before. Ask them for a photo of it before shipping in case it's the wrong color etc.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My wife damaged 3 doors while pulling out from a fuel station, 1 was pretty bad. I did get a quote from Visione in KY

https://rvparts.visonerv.com/

The quote was excessive so I opted to just repair mine. One door was pretty warped so I took it off, clamped to my table saw, and was able to straighten using a big A#$ pipe wrench and wood blocks to protect the door metal. Got it pretty straight and had to use some bondo to make it flat.

She completely flattened the hinge portion on 3 doors (I mean flat flat flat, couldn't open the doors) I did have to buy new top hinge portion for 3 doors from Monaco for ~$100 and a ~8' piece of salvaged excursion that attached to the side of the coach from Vision for $160 (see the cost on a used piece)

A good auto body shop could make a new skin it. If the frame is still good you can use it or the shop may have to make that.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Don’t know their name but there is a large RV salvage yard in Carthage, MIssouri. Should be an easy internet search.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #5

https://colawrv.com/
Old 09-28-2020, 08:10 PM   #6

second colaws. bought a door for my 03 dutchstar 2 years ago and bolted right on. Still have to paint it the correct colors. They didn't have any 03 doors but the o4 was the same door. It was the door to the wet bay and I had an argument with a bit post in Colorado and lost.
EDit: think it was $430
Bruce Kyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #7

There are many posts that list RV salvage yards.

But the odds are you don't need one if you didn't really kill the old door.

The sheet metal can be replaced by any good body shop. But more than likely it just needs to be cleaned up with body plastic. Post a pic of what you got.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Just go to the dark green search box in the upper right that says "Powered by Google" and type in "RV salvage yards". You'll find lots of reading!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:13 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I got quoted $1200 ea to build new doors.
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
My wife damaged 3 doors while pulling out from a fuel station, 1 was pretty bad. I did get a quote from Visione in KY

https://rvparts.visonerv.com/

Iím in CA, KY is going to be pretty tough. Iíve never had to address body issues. Is this an issue that might require long distances?

The quote was excessive so I opted to just repair mine. One door was pretty warped so I took it off, clamped to my table saw, and was able to straighten using a big A#$ pipe wrench and wood blocks to protect the door metal. Got it pretty straight and had to use some bondo to make it flat.

I only creased one door but that door is pushed into the side of the door behind it. I canít open either door now. I had to empty those compartments front the other side. I canít imagine ďfixingĒ the creased door. I know there are body guys who weld on the side of vans without the weld being visible but that kind of talent is way over my head.

She completely flattened the hinge portion on 3 doors (I mean flat flat flat, couldn't open the doors) I did have to buy new top hinge portion for 3 doors from Monaco for ~$100 and a ~8' piece of salvaged excursion that attached to the side of the coach from Vision for $160 (see the cost on a used piece)

If you couldnít open the doors (like me), how did you make the repair?

A good auto body shop could make a new skin it. If the frame is still good you can use it or the shop may have to make that.
Ok, so I need to find a body ship, preferably one with experience working with RVs.

Question:
I havenít used a forum in at least fifteen years. Can you tell me how to respond without quoting? I posted two subjects and have received some great responses but I donít know how to respond unless I use the quote function.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:07 AM   #11

The sheet metal can be replaced by any good body shop. But more than likely it just needs to be cleaned up with body plastic. Post a pic of what you got.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to post a pic with my original post but couldnít figure out how. I donít see an option for pics now!the closest thing I can find asks for a URL for the photo???
Old 09-30-2020, 05:12 AM   #12

Thank you. I haven’t used a forum in about fifteen years and I struggling with this one. I did as you said, lots of hits, most of which are for iRV2 but certainly enough that I should be able to find something. I was searching “wrecking” yards with no luck.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:11 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Can you tell me how to respond without quoting?
Two simple methods:

1. Scroll down to the bottom after the last post. At the bottom-left of the last message you will see a button labeled ">Post Reply". Click/tough that and a full screen reply editor will appear. Type in your reply.

2. Scroll down to the bottom after the last post. There will be a row of small photos and below that is a Quick Reply box. Just type your response in the box and click "Post Quick Reply". If you want more reply options via the full reply editor, click the Go Advanced button and the full screen reply editor will open instead.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Try this RV Salvage AZ.
https://www.azrvsalvage.com
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000, 1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts