Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2015, 06:10 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Beware consignment coaches, not that they are all bad, bit we looked at two that had bad engine issues due to neglect. I paid $1500 to inspectors to tell me not to buy. On the last one (engine in need of immediate overhaul at 44000mi, the salesman said he didn't trust the third party inspector and would just drop the price $10000.)

Like everyone else has recommended, I bought from a private individual who had maintenance records. The coach was used steadily throughout its life with no major periods of disuse. The coach has some cosmetic issues, body work and a good cleaning will take care of that, but the engine technician who looked at it have it a clean bill of health.

We paid the sellers asking price. This coach was in good shape and had the floor plan we are looking for.

By the way, we found this coach using rv trader,15 miles from our house. We saw it 4 times before we finally brought it home.We were sure this is the one.
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
We bought the rig in our signature when it was seven years old with 26,000 miles on it.

The dealer drove it from Oregon to the Bay Area RV Show to have us look at it.

We test drove it at night. It was dirty from crossing the snowy Siskiyou Mountain passes
but immaculate inside with all the manuals and accessories stored aboard.

A price was negotiated and after full servicing and minor house repairs, we did a walk through and had it delivered to us near Reno, NV.

It has been a great rig repair cost wise. We did buy a 4 year repair insurance policy and the premium was recovered in one repair of the fuel injection pump.

We got lucky because we had no mechanical or house inspection.

We did do a pre-sale inspection prior to delivery but really had no clue in what we should be looking for, given some of the horror stories posted on these forums.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:59 PM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My husband decided we would start looking 2 years later than our purchase. I spent a lot of time on the internet researching floor plans and features. I wanted a simple clean interior without a lot of glitz or dark in color. I knew that he didn't want to go over 37 foot. I didn't really want to purchase new so I looked at coaches 2-3 years old because of my research. I found that there were significant improvements made after 2009 so that was the oldest to review.
Over the course of 2 months one coach kept coming up. The initial price I found was $50,000 lower than any other of that age or model. When I saw it reduced on one site another $24,000 I convinced my husband to reconsider. It had everything we wanted and items we had not considered. DH called and spoke to the owner several times about different details. It had only 10,000 miles so that made it even better. It had already spent a week at the shop fixing warranty issues. We did not see it until we picked it up over 700 miles from home.......this was two years ago and we couldn't be happier!!!!
diva51 is offline   Reply With Quote