Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #1

Vacuum breaker?

I noticed my vacuum breaker on my toilet that ties the hand sprayer to the water supply leaks a bit when the flush petal is pressed. I just went to Amazon to order one and am now recovering from a bad case of Sticker Shock. Thirty Eight bucks for the part.

I dont mind spending the money if I really need it so I want you experts to help me out if you will. Is there a fix for this or work around? Maybe I am missing something. Here is that part.

https://www.amazon.com/Breaker-Diver...v+toilet+valve

Thanks in advance.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #2

Buy it here cheaper.......
https://www.prvparts.com/product-p/41876.htm
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #3

Good morning from the west coast Quincy; I had the same problem with the Sealand Toilet in my previously owned 2000 Monaco Windsor. After a flush I would get some water on the floor behind the toilet. Traced it to the vacuum breaker. Note that the breaker would not always burp some water. Was not a hard job as I had space between the back of the toilet and the coach wall. Installed new breaker, sorry, did this in 2008 so I can't remember what I paid for it, and the new breaker, at times, would also burp some water. The quantity of water was less and diminished over time. Just wanted to let you know that when you first install the breaker you still might get a little water from time to time. I don't know what causes this as it is a brand new part. Water inlet pressure was regulated at 40 to 45 pounds. Hope this info helps. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #4

At least you boys can get to and replace yours. With Winnebago and Itasca's infinite wisdom, ours is INSIDE A WALL!!!!!!!!!!!! One literally has to tear apart a wall to get to not only the vacuum breaker but, my check valve for my black water tank flush system. Smart move Winne! Good luck on getting yours working correctly.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
Community Administrator

I don’t remember where it was on my Winn. Chieftain because I never had an issue with it , however my Bounder had an access plate on the wall behind the shower . I’m surprised Winn. didn’t do something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
At least you boys can get to and replace yours. With Winnebago and Itasca's infinite wisdom, ours is INSIDE A WALL!!!!!!!!!!!! One literally has to tear apart a wall to get to not only the vacuum breaker but, my check valve for my black water tank flush system. Smart move Winne! Good luck on getting yours working correctly.

Scott

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I don’t remember where it was on my Winn. Chieftain because I never had an issue with it , however my Bounder had an access plate on the wall behind the shower . I’m surprised Winn. didn’t do something similar.
Well Sir,
If Winne and or Itasca installed some "access" plate, I'm gonna have to go and find my secret decoder ring and put it on to maybe help me find that access plate. All kidding aside Sir, I have a wall to wall, bathroom cabinet on one wall that's hiding that vacuum breaker and, on the other side of the wall, is a glued/screwed on mirror that sits along side the slide wall when the slide is in. But, I suspect that if I tried to remove that mirror, it might be be a good day.
So, as much as we love our '04 Itasca Horizon, and how well it's built and how nice all the amenities are, it's tough to believe they did that.
Scott
Old 02-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #7

This along with two 1/2" Brass close nipples from Home Depot.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #8

dennis45, FIREUP, Clifftall

Think you have confused the Black Tank Flush System 'anti-siphon vacuum breaker back flow preventer' with the OPs small vacuum breaker on his Dometic/SeaLand Toilet

Small container downstream of toilet water valve ON the backside of toilet.
Fills with water when you flush toilet........closes a small opening and allows water to flow into toilet bowl
Close toilet pedal and vacuum breaker allows small quantity of water to run into bowl to cover seal.

Both do similar jobs but ----but one is for the toilet and one is for the black tank flush system
Old 02-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
dennis45, FIREUP, Clifftall

Think you have confused the Black Tank Flush System 'anti-siphon vacuum breaker back flow preventer' with the OPs small vacuum breaker on his Dometic/SeaLand Toilet

Small container downstream of toilet water valve ON the backside of toilet.
Fills with water when you flush toilet........closes a small opening and allows water to flow into toilet bowl
Close toilet pedal and vacuum breaker allows small quantity of water to run into bowl to cover seal.

Both do similar jobs but ----but one is for the toilet and one is for the black tank flush system
Well Sir,
You could be right. But, when I developed a problem back-flushing my black tank, that's when I found out about the vacuum breaker and the check valve, both located INSIDE a wall. It's the only one I've seen in any plumbing diagrams for our coach.
Scott
Old 02-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Sir,
You could be right. But, when I developed a problem back-flushing my black tank, that's when I found out about the vacuum breaker and the check valve, both located INSIDE a wall. It's the only one I've seen in any plumbing diagrams for our coach.
Scott
Vacuum breaker and check valve inside the wall would be for your Black Waste tank Flushing System

NOT the one that is attached to toilet downstream of the toilet water inlets supply valve.....like OPs

That is ON the backside of toilet
Item #9 is diagram
Old 02-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #11

Old Biscuit is, as usual, correct. I did not read the OP correctly.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Vacuum breaker and check valve inside the wall would be for your Black Waste tank Flushing System

NOT the one that is attached to toilet downstream of the toilet water inlets supply valve.....like OPs

That is ON the backside of toilet
Item #9 is diagram
#9 is the part. Thank you all for your information it, as usual, was helpful.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 11:16 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
vacuum breaker

We had our tech replace the vaccuum breaker when he dewinterized this spring and we just realized he didn't reinstall the spray hose. His excuse is "The ONLY water valves in existence didn’t have the port for the sprayer. And there was no estimate on when or if the would be available "

Does anyone know if this is actually an issue?

Louise
ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker