Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2017, 01:19 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Verizon Hum - Verizon version of ATT Mobley

Been reading a great deal about ATT Mobley. Good news is for those that have the Verizon New Unlimited Plan, you can add this as another line for $10/month total! It is treated just like another line on the account - 10 gig hotspot, unlimited video streaming. That is $5 per month access and $5 per month for the device with a 2 year commitment. Device costs $29.99 plus activation. Not sure about you the rest of you but this GREAT news for us.

Mine is on the way. When I get it, I will follow up.

This is just an FYI.

Note: Posting this on Motorhome section to make sure other folks see it.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2017, 04:57 PM   #2

Howdy!

I don't think AT&T requires you to have a active account for the Mobley. If I could get one with Verizon like that I would do so.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 PM   #3

Sounds interesting. I've been trying without luck to find a Mobly to purchase.

Since I'm a Verizon customer this might work out great.

Is there a name for the device? Plan? Are they available at Verizon stores or online?

Thanks.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:31 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ordered mine yesterday after talking with Verizon. As I understand the device, it is very similar to Mobley but with some added features. Here is the info:

-Can add to present plan and use data from that plan. In our case, we have unlimited so device has unlimited. Check the unlimited plan for details but that means it will have it's own 10gig hotspot at full throttle and 20 gig of video streaming. After those two ceilings it will be based on network prioritization.

-Cost as added line is $29.99 for device, activation fee and $10 per month ($5 for device and $5 for additional line).

-Availability of on-line ordering is 2 days.

Once I get this and use it, I'll follow up.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
As a Verizon customer I would be very interested in this. Keep us informed how this item works for all of you.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #6

If I understand the Hum correctly it only works while plugged into the OBDII port. The Mobley does not require the port just 12v power and an adapter.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #7

I see the Mobley as a much better deal then this at $20 a month. I have Verizon with the 4GB plan and if I upgraded to the unlimited plan my bill would increase by $51.40 before taxes. Add the additional $10 for the extra line and it's an extra $61.40 a month.

If you're already paying for the unlimited it might make sense, but Verizon needs to come out with something better to make me switch. At this point the Mobley is a better deal.

I've even thought of getting the Mobley and dropping my plan to the 2 GB plan and saving the $12.75. That alone almost pays for the Mobley with 22GB of data.

(all my dollar quotes are with the veterans discount)
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know anyone that has used the Hum. I have unlimited plan with 3 devices that can provide a hotspot. We spend 8-9 months each year in our coach. This will add a steady hotspot that I don't need to turn on and off. Additionally it will give us an additional full throttle 20 gig. Also, comes with an app to mange from my Android.

I am not trying to sell the Hum, just providing a data point. It costs $30 to buy, + activation + $10 per month. Like I stated above, if you already have a Verizon unlimited data plan this alternative makes a lot of sense. Also, in our experience, Verizon has great coverage coast to coast. If you don't like Big Red (I really don't care for them either), then the answer is simple. Go with the ATT Mobley.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #9

I think you'll have a hard time finding a Mobley.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hum = 2 day delivery

Old 06-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #11

So has anyone tried the HUM with OBD power adapter? Don't want or need it plugged into the OBD port.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:11 PM   #12

Att now has mobley in stock on webpage. 99 if purchased free with 2 yr plan. Don't know how loo ng will last but I got one yesterday.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneon View Post
Howdy!

I don't think AT&T requires you to have a active account for the Mobley. If I could get one with Verizon like that I would do so.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
Correct. No need to have an existing account with at&t to get the Mobley and unlimited data plan.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:16 PM   #14

I'm sure someone will figure out a way around this but the way the Hum is set up right now it only stays active as a hotspot for five minutes after the engine stops.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
verizon