Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2022, 05:09 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Visone RV

Has any one dealt with Visone RV for used parts? They have used V10 engine that I am looking for but no type of warranty. I have found a couple of used V10 engine online at other sites that say they have warranties for about 1/2 the price from Visone. But in reading the warranties I am not sure they cover anything but that the motor is complete.
They are also in Florida which after the storm I am unsure about buying from the area.
cbdeajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2022, 05:30 PM   #2

I've used Visone for a basement compartment door, and although I gave them the stock number of the RV they had in stock that I wanted the door off of and the door info, they sent me a door off a blue RV so it cost me another $250 to have it repainted in Mexico. They didn't say anything about it being the wrong color. Grrrr.

Would have cost $125 shipping and doubt they would have taken it back anyway.

So I am not all that happy with their communication skills. The part I got was in good condition. All in all the transaction cost me $875, for just the door. Since my RV was a '02 and it was '19 the time, the factory did not have one.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 05:53 PM   #3

Yeah, I wouldn't think any salvage yard is going to offer a substantial warranty of too much more than, as you say, it's "complete" ..however that might be interpreted as.

And Visone RV is in Florida?? I always thought they were in Kentucky?
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:17 PM   #4

I have “tried” to buy from them several times over the past several years but their communication skills are abysmal. It’s frustrating. You can email them, attach photos, dimensions, everything they ask for and rarely get a reply, and when you do, it’s always the same…”they don’t have it” regardless of what it is, which I almost find hard to believe. I just want to drive down to Kentucky and pull the part myself. Good luck.
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 03:09 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthe70s View Post
I have “tried” to buy from them several times over the past several years but their communication skills are abysmal. It’s frustrating. You can email them, attach photos, dimensions, everything they ask for and rarely get a reply, and when you do, it’s always the same…”they don’t have it” regardless of what it is, which I almost find hard to believe. I just want to drive down to Kentucky and pull the part myself. Good luck.
I haven't had the issue of them not returning my communications, it's just been very, very slow. I've learned to call them first and discuss what I need, then send the email to the guy whom I spoke with. That has helped speed up the process a bit.

Al
Old 10-18-2022, 04:01 AM   #6

Our MH has been at a body shop since April. The shop owner could not deal with Visone for some reason, even though their website said and showed they had the front cap. He found the required front cap at Colaw Salvage in MO.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:44 AM   #7

Visone didn't impress me. I needed a timer for a fan for a 1993 motor home. I couldn't imagine much demand but they wanted $200 with no guarantee. Simple timers are everywhere on the internet for a few bucks, and you'll at least get a not DOA guarantee.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 09:17 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Visione is in the business of selling mostly used parts from salvaged rigs. In most cases the parts may not be available from other sources and because of this Visione will charge a premium.

I've bought several things from Visione, never had a problem getting a response from an email inquiry and/or phone communication, maybe I got lucky.

Back ~8 years ago my wife damaged 3 basement doors and pancaked the aluminum hinge at the top, this is a two piece part male/female type hinge. Monaco had the portion that attached to the door but not the part that attached to the side of the RV. I contacted Visione as I knew they had salvaged RV's with this type of extrusion. The agreed to sell me a 7' piece for a handsome price (much more then a 20' piece I got from Monaco cut into pieces and shipped). I am close enough to Visione that I went and picked the piece up as they have a big warehouse that is worth walking through.

In 2013 my generator failed and I needed to replace. I checked with Visione as they had a bunch in inventory but most had excessive hours. I talked to one of their reps and told him to call me when they got one with ~500 hours. Within a week I was at the airport ready to fly out and the rep called me and said he got one in. I asked if they'd install and he said yup and wouldn't charge me anything, so I gave him my CC info for them to hold it (he even gave me a discount since it was an "internet sale"). Called my wife and she drove the RV up there and they installed. Easy Pezzy

So I can't really complain, I know I paid too much for what I got but I did not have another source.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:19 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Folks seem to think that RV salvage yard parts ought to be cheap, but there are not thousands of every model available like with car parts. You will pay boutique prices because you are lucky to find what you need at all, let alone multiples that might make for some price competition.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have had a good rv tech recommend them. They guarantee the part to work. The prices are reasonable. I also offered them a little less than what they wanted and the accepted my offer. There prices were less than anything I could find on ebay or Amazon.
Gary French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:49 PM   #11

Every time I have needed a used RV part I have called Visone...and I have never been able to buy anything from them. They never know what they have, and never call back, and never check if they do have it. A business that is looking for a good operator to make a bunch of money.

ColawRV is much better. Certainly not perfect but better. I was there, bought a used awning and needed a second set of hands for literally 10 minutes. Spent almost an hour trying to convince someone to help. Ended up having to return the awning. They spent more time processing the refund. I just don't get it...
Old 10-28-2022, 08:44 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Called Colaw and was told they are getting out of the salvage business. I found a reman motor.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdeajr View Post
Called Colaw and was told they are getting out of the salvage business. I found a reman motor.
wow....wonder what they do now? They certainly weren't interested in any RV Service.
did you buy the reman motor from ColawRV?
Old 10-30-2022, 05:18 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No, I found a company that does reman for Ford, GM and a several other companies. They said to call a local Ford dealer. I did and also checked with a local auto salvage and they said they could order from them also. Price was much better. The company is called AER in Carrolton, TX. From their web site.

"AER operates two manufacturing facilities in Carrollton, Texas and manages over 700,000 square feet of manufacturing floor space.
The continued investment in the latest manufacturing equipment has enabled AER to provide remanufactured engine assemblies to all major OEM customers.
AER now manufactures for Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Chrysler, Nissan, Subaru and Volvo.
The reman motor was less that 3700. plus core charge of 800. and shipping. Will see how it goes. Have one on order.