Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #1

Voyager AOM681 Camera replacement

Has any one bought a generic camera and wired it in for use on the Voyager AOM681
This is our 1st Motor Home it is a 2000 Fleetwood flair and when we bought it the rear camera is missing we would like to replace it but cant find just a replacement camera do not want to replace the complete system just rear camera
ephratah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2019, 02:39 PM   #2

ephratah-

First off, welcome to iRV2!

Second, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.

I would call Tim at "RVcams" and ask him about options. He knows how to connect new parts to old parts. I'd buy from him, if he has what you need; it's worth paying more to get something you know will work. The Web site is here and the phone number is (225) 261-9946.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You can have my camera and monitor for the price of shipping. But if I was you I would buy a new color one.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:36 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Most importantly the electrical connections have to be the same.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:15 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Noticed you are kinda new on IRV2 and wanted to say hello!

Looks like you got your answer! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #6

Hard-wired or wireless? If you can wait, Voyager is coming out with a 3rd brake light with built-in camera this fall.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:11 AM   #7

it is hard wired I would like to upgrade not sure if wires are any good and not sure how hard it is to run new wires if they are bad thought if I could find a replacement I could see if it works then upgrade if wires are good
Old 07-30-2019, 09:17 PM   #8

Most wired cameras will work, just check the voltage is the same on the feed wire.
This is one of those instances when Amazon's return policy works to the customers advantage.
The wires may be tested byrunning a continuity test,if that passes, then a resistance test = X number of ohms per foot, depending on wire size.
How to measure resistance, by Fluke
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephratah View Post
it is hard wired I would like to upgrade not sure if wires are any good and not sure how hard it is to run new wires if they are bad thought if I could find a replacement I could see if it works then upgrade if wires are good
I just replaced my B/W with a color system (Douxury Backup Camera System) for less than $400 and it comes with side-view and forward camera as well.

My old B/W camera has 4 wires, red/yellow/blue/white and there is about 24" of cable you can splice if your old camera cable is the same configuration.
The bracket comes with it. PM me your address if you can use it. For payment, add another $10 to the tip at your local diner and make that person's day.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Try a RV salvage yard. Visone in Tn. may have one. Colaw's in Missouri may have one.
They have exactly three wires.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewFishy View Post
Try a RV salvage yard. Visone in Tn. may have one. Colaw's in Missouri may have one.
They have exactly three wires.
The 4th wire might be for audio, then?
Old 08-05-2019, 02:15 AM   #12

I found a broken cable under coach and repaired it then took an extra security camera I had for my shop and wired it to the monitor and it turns out that my monitor is a colored screen I ordered a new cam off of internet with a wider view but at least have something until it gets here. Thanks for all the replies
Old 08-08-2019, 05:33 PM   #13

new cam

new camera came and it is installed it is good for the $ I can see a lot with it it is a small camera but seems to do what i need it to do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera resize.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	431.4 KB
ID:	256256  

Tags
ace, camera, replace, replacement, voyage