Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Voyager Display

This is anew one to me. While going through the settings on the monitor, mostly to see if I could get the distance graph to work, but also just to see what settings could be adjusted, suddenly the settings button stopped responding, le left camera turned on an no mater what I do I canít get back into settings or even switch camera like I could before. Turn it on, the left camera shows. Turn right signal on, right camera shoes, put in reverse and the rear camera shows with the distance graph. It does not turn on or off with the power button. Goes on and off with ignition, witch is normal.

I did have a problem with the right camera, 1/4 of the screen went black, but when I had it in for service they just said they reset up it. Before it went black it was in color with the distance graph. After they reset it , the screen was full, but b/w and no distance graph.

Thatís essentially what I was trying to do when changing the settings.

Any ideas. I canít believe it is not some setting i screwed up.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2021, 08:16 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you can't get your monitor to work there are great options for replacement.
Several of us have taken the aladdin signal and ran it to it's own monitor.
I used a cheap 9 inch monitor to show my 3 cameras. Here's the thread although there are many others.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/rev...jr-526914.html
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:24 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
If you can't get your monitor to work there are great options for replacement.
Several of us have taken the aladdin signal and ran it to it's own monitor.
I used a cheap 9 inch monitor to show my 3 cameras. Here's the thread although there are many others.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/rev...jr-526914.html
This has the 7" Voyager in the dash. If I'm going to go to something else I'll buy a complete system that replaces this one. I already have too much stuff on the dash. 2 GPS, TPMS, Dash Cam, I-Pad and Phone.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:26 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosnandy View Post
This is anew one to me. While going through the settings on the monitor, mostly to see if I could get the distance graph to work, but also just to see what settings could be adjusted, suddenly the settings button stopped responding, le left camera turned on an no mater what I do I canít get back into settings or even switch camera like I could before. Turn it on, the left camera shows. Turn right signal on, right camera shoes, put in reverse and the rear camera shows with the distance graph. It does not turn on or off with the power button. Goes on and off with ignition, witch is normal.

I did have a problem with the right camera, 1/4 of the screen went black, but when I had it in for service they just said they reset up it. Before it went black it was in color with the distance graph. After they reset it , the screen was full, but b/w and no distance graph.

Thatís essentially what I was trying to do when changing the settings.

Any ideas. I canít believe it is not some setting i screwed up.
Still no suggestions on how to reset it. I think that is what it needs. I've searched for some kind of voyager tech support on the internet and all I can find is places that sell and install them.

Anybody know somebody, like a real person that can be talked to?
Old 06-10-2021, 06:07 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Did you completely remove power from it....(disconnect the plug on the back). It has a memory and may need to be completely powered down to clear the issue.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:05 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Did you completely remove power from it....(disconnect the plug on the back). It has a memory and may need to be completely powered down to clear the issue.
I thought I did. There is only one cable coming out of the monitor. About 6" long. A round connector wit 10-12 pins. The power goes out when I unplug it. I Assume it goes down to some kind of trigger or relay box, hence how you get left turn, right turn and rear view. I'm going to trace some more wires today. They have so many zip ties in there bundling up wires. I need to cut them all and start tracing wires.

If I was going down the road and this thing just quit or went wacky I would assume something failed. But the fact that I was in the setting menu changing and playing with some stuff to see what changes could be made makes me think that I somehow set something somewhere that did this.

Worst part, I google for troubleshooting and all I get are places that sell voyager cameras and monitors, no tech support.

And of course this monitor is discontinued and there is a new replacement which may or may not be a plug and play. Also the PO replaced this a couple years ago and there was a note taped to two wires saying he had to add these two connections when he replaced. Who knows what they were for.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:28 AM   #7
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Could be the jumper cable between the unit and the actual cable or the monitor is going on the fritz. Kind of a known issue. Not real common but I had to replace mine and others have too.

Having the monitor in the dash was really useless to me. I rebuilt all of my dash panels and moved the monitor onto a Ram Mount so I can pop it up over the top edge of the dash and it is now in the normal scanning view of my mirrors.

Yep, lots of things up there now. Phone, Gps, Monitor, Dash cam is hanging from top.
2016 Ford F150 Limited V6 with Ready Brake
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:26 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosnandy View Post
.......The power goes out when I unplug it. I Assume it goes down to some kind of trigger or relay box, hence how you get left turn, right turn and rear view. I'm going to trace some more wires today. They have so many zip ties in there bundling up wires. I need to cut them all and start tracing wires.....

Pretty sure you'll find your Aladdin box, turn, reverse, etc wires for triggers (labeled), and your camera inputs. With the right camera adapters you can use a split screen monitor from Amazon.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:38 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
Pretty sure you'll find your Aladdin box, turn, reverse, etc wires for triggers (labeled), and your camera inputs. With the right camera adapters you can use a split screen monitor from Amazon.
What is the Aladdin box and where do I find it. All I can find is cables coming from all 3 cameras that go into a mold junction along with a power and a ground wire. I can unplug the cameras and if I switch from the input for the left side camera to the rear or the right side camera it shows just like the monitor is stuck in that position. Iíve trace the wires down as far as I can and theyíre marked in the wire harness As the trigger wires but I canít see where they go anywhere except end of the harness for the turn signals.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #10
YC1

These two files may help a bit.

My monitor would jump to one of the cameras and sometimes not respond to button inputs.

Long, long ago I disabled the turn signal inputs by disconnecting them. Just as I wanted to change lanes the camera would switch from the turn signal input and messed with my head.

The initial diagnosis was the Y cable from the monitor was the problem based on previous repair reports. Of course that did not solve it.

This is the one time I was glad to have an extended warranty but won't digress.

The monitor replacement at the time was high.

I really like the Voyager but using turn signal inputs was just dangerous for me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Voyager repair contact.pdf (39.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf Rear View Camera System.pdf (878.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-16-2021, 04:57 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Just an update. After trying every reset option, and testing each camera to verify it works. I ordered a new display from Voyager. Came yesterday and I installed and the system works as normal.
It still is an odd situation. No mater what I did the old display would not respond to any instructions in the settings. It would operate as normal but always default back to the left side camera.
The new one came with a slightly different wiring harness. While the old on had one cable out the back that went down to a junction with the 3 separate camera inputs, a power and ground wire, and 3 trigger wires. Rearview, left and right.
This one had 2 cables. One cable was exclusively for camera 3. It just plugged in there and the other cable when down to a harness that plugged into the other 2 cameras, a hot wire, ground, and 3 trigger wires. Easy changeover but odd. And no, the one odd camera input was not the rear, it was the left side.
All is working as should, but I am hanging on to the old display. Maybe at some point I will be able to figure out how to reset it. If not, and the new one fails I can still half wire it in so the only camera that works is the rear view.

Oh well it's only money.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:02 AM   #12
YC1

Thanks for letting us know. Would you mind posting some information on the new one please. I will add that to my files for future reference.

That is, where you purchased and the part or model number.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:25 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Thanks for letting us know. Would you mind posting some information on the new one please. I will add that to my files for future reference.

That is, where you purchased and the part or model number.
The old one was a voyager 513 and the new model is a 518. Pretty typical that they continue to change electronics.

I just find it odd tha it had two cables. One connected to camera 3 and nothing else. All the rest of the connections were the same as the old one. Wired the harness the same as the old one except plugged camera 3 into its own special cable.

It did manage to remove about 20 feet of extra wire as rhe new harness was shorter than the old. Not sure why they just rolled all that up an zip tied it together but gone now.

Tags
voyage