Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #1

Wait light on Power Gear jacks keeps flashing

I have a 2008 Dolphin on a Workhorse W22 chassis with Power Gear manual leveling jacks. They have performed flawlessly for the last four years and now have decided to give me heartburn. The yellow "wait" light continues to flash. The manual says the control is busy and it will go out in 5 to 30 seconds but it never goes out and therefore the jacks will not function.

I emailed Power Gear and they sent me a Tip Sheet to measure the control for low voltage.

Has anyone else experienced this situation and if so, do you have any advise for me?

I would also be interested in a reliable repair facility in the Roseburg, Oregon area. Power Gear gave me a generic answer of any Winnebego dealer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone is able to provide.

Sidewinder2
sidewinder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #2

They gave you that answer because there are things you need to check.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you wish I designed a 100% manual control system for Power Gear jacks. It is a tad short on safety interlocks but it's easy to build. I've yet to draw out the schematic but .. I plan on doing just that soon.

4 switches, 1 (or 2) relay(s), a buzzer and some LED indicator light assemblies is all there is to it. The hard part was finding the kind of power port I wanted.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Prior to picking up our Dolphin LX which is on the W24 Chassis, the Power Gear jacks where exhibiting similar flashing light system and would not work. The dealer spent 2 days trying to fix. They finally found the issue. They informed me that the issue was the ground wire attached to the frame had come disconnected. Not sure if that is really what it was, but Power Gear has worked flawlessly since then.
bbmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #5

As I understand it, that flashing light is something like the ever-loveable hourglass icon brought to us by Microsoft. As with other microprocessor controlled devices, it's always a good idea to do a reset (or reboot) to clear possible internal data problems. In most cases, disconnecting power for a time will do that. The best place is at the connector to the PG controller itself - if it is easy to locate. Next best would be a chassis battery cut-off switch or the battery cables themselves.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #6

Thank you, bluepill. I'm going over to the coach today to try and disconnect the control panel to see if that clears the problem.

Sidewinder2
Old 10-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Is this electric or hydraulic system?

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #8

Cliff,
It's a hydraulic system and I unplugged both harnesses to the controls today to possibly reset the controller and it did not work. Upon restoring the wiring, the blinking wait light began again after I turned the power to the jacks on. I assume the board the two wiring harnesses plug into is the control board.
Sidewinder2
Old 10-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #9

Problem fixed! Believe it or not.....it was the 15A fuse for the turn signals/back-up lights. I had blown the fuse but would have never believed the jacks were tied to it.

I'm a happy camper now and will log this one for future use!

Sidewinder2
Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Thanks for the update and glad you got it fixed.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
You also asked about a good repair facility near Roseburg. I know it's a bit of a drive, but the North West Cummins dealer in Coburg is fabulous!! They do just about everything but remodeling. they keep you informed as they do the work & are very professional!!
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, power