Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Question Want to buy Captain and Copilot Chairs

Has anyone bought Captains and Copilot chairs from a company called "shop 4 seats"? They seem to have good prices and are a lot less expensive than Flex steel. Anyone had experience with them. Good or Bad? I would like to hear from you. I need to buy new captain and copilot seats for my motor home.
Tia
Mel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #2

I can't answer your exact question, but since you seem to be using Flexsteel as the gold standard I should say this. My first motor home had no name seats (or at least no name was noticable) and they were very comfortable. My second MH had Flexsteel seats and they are not nearly as comfortable. Now Thor may have put in low end Flexsteel seats, I don't know. But I am not in love with Flexsteel by any means.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I can't answer your exact question, but since you seem to be using Flexsteel as the gold standard I should say this. My first motor home had no name seats (or at least no name was noticable) and they were very comfortable. My second MH had Flexsteel seats and they are not nearly as comfortable. Now Thor may have put in low end Flexsteel seats, I don't know. But I am not in love with Flexsteel by any means.
we have no name seats in our 1989 motorhome, they are as comfortable as our flexsteel loveseat in our house, I would like to get these redone, depending on price
Old 09-19-2016, 07:39 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
why not get them recovered
Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
why not get them recovered
I guess you have not priced a recover job. We had our dinette cushions recovered and it cost $600 and that was the least expensive bid most were in the $900 to $1100 range. The captains and copilot chairs would cost over $1200 or more to recover. I can buy new cheaper including flex steel chairs. The ones I am looking to buy will run around $800 for both of them.
Mel
Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We just replaced our sofa bed and dining table with a flexsteel sofa bed and a dinette that we got from Bradd & Hall in Elkhart. Great people to do business with. Even did the install the same day.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:42 PM   #7
YC1

Home page

This was recommended by someone awhile back. We are going to replace our couch with one of theirs.

The Flexsteel pilot chair is actually a bit wide for me and allows me to move too much. I am considering replacing the chairs. The Flex Steel is not all that comfortable either.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #8

I was going to buy our recliners from them, but when I googled the location it wasn't really a store as I recall. I bought them instead from Bradd & Hall in Indiana and got an excellent price. You might try them. Shipping was quick and I had them within a week. I would buy from them again.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Have done more investigating

I read some 75 reviews on this company, and most were good, but there were several that complained about lack of customer service and communication. I sent them a email asking for samples and a lead time frame for delivery if I ordered. If I don't hear from them, then I won't buy. The product from the reviews is good, but the communication and followup seems to be lacking.
Mel
Old 09-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
you might try a salvage yard we bought a pair of gray leather 6 way power seats
both were power and maybe a few months all paid $ 130 for the pair
Old 09-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
$130 ? For the pair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
you might try a salvage yard we bought a pair of gray leather 6 way power seats
both were power and maybe a few months all paid $ 130 for the pair
Wow, Where and what salvage yard? That's a fantastic price.
1bomoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #12

I just purchased and had a new Flexsteel Powered Captains chair installed by Countryside RV Interiors - (541) 998-6541. I was pleased with their work and pricing and they have some used inventory. They were recommended by Fleetwood and also offered some other brands. JH
micpib1354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by micpib1 View Post
I just purchased and had a new Flexsteel Powered Captains chair installed by Countryside RV Interiors - (541) 998-6541. I was pleased with their work and pricing and they have some used inventory. They were recommended by Fleetwood and also offered some other brands. JH
I just tried to access that link and Malware bYTES says there is Malware. just thought you should know.
Mel
Old 09-21-2016, 04:34 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
That's who I ended up buying from

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Home page

This was recommended by someone awhile back. We are going to replace our couch with one of theirs.

The Flexsteel pilot chair is actually a bit wide for me and allows me to move too much. I am considering replacing the chairs. The Flex Steel is not all that comfortable either.
I finally ended up buying from them. 2 Captains chairs with Material of my choice and heavy 7 spring bottoms. $960 total for both including shipping. Should get them in 6 weeks. will post with pictures when I get them.
Mel